Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with a new CT how is your 'Auto Dimming' rear view (Interior) mirror working. I'm noticing little if any difference when it's on (green light on) from when it's off (No light). Not sure, but I'm sure my Highlander provided me considerably more dimming and less blinding by cars behind coming up and I could see a noticable change from off to on.

Maybe it's the ride height difference, but I was surprised when I picked it up Tuesday as we have about an hour drive to our dealer (closest one too).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Similar concerns here. The coating on the side mirrors, is much more noticeable and effective imo.

Though for me, I have not driven much with it at night, so far. Will do some night driving this weekend.

The auto dimming mirrors was a major criteria for me so now I am eager to test the main rear-view mirror.

Sorry for the stupid question but when you took delivery and drove home was it dark by then?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Similar concerns here. The coating on the side mirrors, is much more noticeable and effective imo.

Though for me, I have not driven much with it at night, so far. Will do some night driving this weekend.

The auto dimming mirrors was a major criteria for me so now I am eager to test the main rear-view mirror.

Sorry for the stupid question but when you took delivery and drove home was it dark by then?
No, it was daylight and I noticed it later that evening when I took it over to show a friend.

I drove the wife's Prius last evening to see how hers acted and it seems similiar, very little if any change. In contrast, my Highlander Hybrid the rear view mirror there was a noticable difference between on and off. Will try it again this evening, dealer wants me to come back (80 miles away) and if this is how they work I don't want to waste a trip, or their time as I can live with it till my 5k check.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, it was daylight and I noticed it later that evening when I took it over to show a friend.

I drove the wife's Prius last evening to see how hers acted and it seems similiar, very little if any change. In contrast, my Highlander Hybrid the rear view mirror there was a noticable difference between on and off. Will try it again this evening, dealer wants me to come back (80 miles away) and if this is how they work I don't want to waste a trip, or their time as I can live with it till my 5k check.
Not sure if I can wait until the 5k check, but will also ask the dealer to re-program the reverse mode [beep]. Read on another forum that that can be reduced to a single [beep].

Have you had the rain sensing wipers operate yet? I was in a light (very light) rain situation and even set at the most sensitive, they did not engage.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm not very sensitive to light so the dimming effect is sufficient for my purposes. That said, I toggled the switch on and off and couldn't notice much of a difference. It's also pretty clear that some amount of dimming does take place whether the green light is on or off. It's not like it just isn't working at all.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure if I can wait until the 5k check, but will also ask the dealer to re-program the reverse mode [beep]. Read on another forum that that can be reduced to a single [beep].

Have you had the rain sensing wipers operate yet? I was in a light (very light) rain situation and even set at the most sensitive, they did not engage.
For the beep the dealer must have shut mine off and fortunately I don't have to deal hit that annoying beep. like in the Prius. The Toyota dealer here would not turn her's off saying it was a safety feature.

Tried the rain sensing auto wipers here yesterday, in the drive though, and they seemed to work fine, but the real test will be when I'm driving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the info on the beep! I look forward to eliminating that completely!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
..........Have you had the rain sensing wipers operate yet? I was in a light (very light) rain situation and even set at the most sensitive, they did not engage.
Lucy, you did turn your wipers on to the first down position and not just turn the adjustment knob didn't you? To activate them, you have to come down one on the wiper switch then adjust your speed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bob, I noticed there is a mirror sensitivity adjustment inside the vehicle customization screens. Have you tried adjusting it there?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Speaking of rear view mirror, the manual says holding down the dimmer button will show the compass (indicating N, S, E, W). I'm not seeing this. Anyone else?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lucy, you did turn your wipers on to the first down position and not just turn the adjustment knob didn't you? To activate them, you have to come down one on the wiper switch then adjust your speed.
Thanks! As it turns out, I did NOT have the wiper in the first down as I thought. Working fine now!

Also fiddled with the light settings. There were a couple to adjust so next I am out driving in the dark will have to see if there is any difference.

I find this navigation module begging compared to that in my RX, however the on-board vehicle customizations is rather nice! The manual says you can change color hue and tone, but my screen doesn't show that, only brightness and contrast.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Had the reverse beep reduced to a single, quieter beep a couple of weeks ago (abt 900 miles). Much better. No charge and they washed the car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bob, I noticed there is a mirror sensitivity adjustment inside the vehicle customization screens. Have you tried adjusting it there?
Happy 2012! Reviving an old thread.
Has anyone adjust their rear view mirror sensitivity? Mine seems to not dim at all...

(I only have an auto dimming main rear view mirror, not side mirrors).

·
Registered
609 Posts
Speaking of rear view mirror, the manual says holding down the dimmer button will show the compass (indicating N, S, E, W). I'm not seeing this. Anyone else?
Yeah it doesn't work for me either. I am guessing that because I have NAV that compass is only showing on the NAV display and not on rear view mirror? The rear view mirror dimming works really well on mine straight from dealer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you have NAV, then no compass. It's mentioned somewhere in the manual, but it's been a while since I looked into it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the NAV, and my mirrow shows the compass heading as well.

If you have NAV, then no compass. It's mentioned somewhere in the manual, but it's been a while since I looked into it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah it doesn't work for me either. I am guessing that because I have NAV that compass is only showing on the NAV display and not on rear view mirror? The rear view mirror dimming works really well on mine straight from dealer.
Mine also compass not show after follow the instruction...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the mirror only works when the front light sensor is covered with black tape. in daylight the auto button can be pressed to switch it off.

Bad design the front facing sensor is to sensitive to light.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts