Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Automatic A/C is turned on in Auto mode, the system defaults to Recirculated Air Mode. How can the Auto A/C mode be set to turn on in Outside Air Mode? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was in Eco Mode. As soon as I changed to Normal Mode, the Auto A/C Mode shifted to Outside Air Mode. Thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I drive in normal mode and if I turn the auto a/c on the recirc will be switched on also...however it depends on how much of a difference there is from the ambient temperature inside the vehicle to what the temp you set on the HVAC. if it's only a couple of degrees it will stay in outside aire mode but if there is a big difference in temperature then recirc will be on.

you can try it by putting turning Auto on and start raising the temperature, once you get close to the ambient air temp recirc will switch off.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Concur - it'll obey the switch if you hit it to change Recirc to Outside and vice versa but when left alone, it will pick its own choice. As I discovered when a particularly nasty smelling bike overtook and I'd assumed - Hot = Recirc !

·
Registered
658 Posts
however it depends on how much of a difference there is from the ambient temperature inside the vehicle to what the temp you set on the HVAC.
Correct. If the AC has to work hard, it will pick Recirculation mode. If it catches up and is just "maintaining" temp, it will actually switch itself to outside air mode automatically.

·
Registered
383 Posts
So i was messing with the hvac on the way home. It was hot in the car so i turn on auto and set the temp to 73. Recirc came on like it was supposed to but i could push the fresh button and it would switch. I set the temp to low and tried to switch to fresh air and it did it also.
So it seems if you push auto it will automatically switch to recirc but you can manually switch to fresh.
All this while i was in normal mode.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just for reference, if you push Auto in Sport mode, it goes default to outside air. I have never put the car in outside air mode because outside is just smog and dust and strange diesel smell. :p Once in a blue moon when I play with the air flow to cool down my feet, it went off Auto and when I press Auto, it always left me in fresh air mode. After driving for a while, I will notice the awful smell of the freeway and turn it back to recirculate. :p

·
Registered
658 Posts
So it seems if you push auto it will automatically switch to recirc
Not necessarily, as I said it depends on how hard the AC has to work. When I go to work in the morning, it's 70 deg outside, so the AC isn't doing much and the auto mode picks outside air. When I go home and the inside of the car is over 100 deg, then the AC is full blast and it picks recircuilation mode. It totally depends on how hard the AC has to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts