Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my proposed audio system project:

Headunit
Alpine INA-W910(Still not sure about this, would be nice to keep a clean stock look)

Front/Rear speakers
JBL 660gti X 2

Subwoofer
JL Audio 6w3v3-4
Polk Audio MM840DVC (If I can make this fit with stock enclosure)

AMPs
JL Audio HD 600/4 (For components)
JL Audio Slash V2 250/1v2 (For sub)

Sound deadening
RaamAudio BXT II mat whole car 2 layers
RaamAudio Ensolite 1 layer

Loudness is definitely not my main concern. My top priority is sound quality followed by a clean install.

I still dont know the exact speaker sizes for this car. If anyone can share this information I would really appreciate it.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your inputs. :)

· Registered
33 Posts
I'm leaning toward a sub enclosure under one of the front seats and a class D amp in the other seat. I have a non-premium audio CT200h, so I would need a grill if I want to put it where the OEM sub would be in the premium audio setup I believe. Does anyone have any pictures of the premium audio sub area taken apart with the grille?

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
rictdriver - Wow, is there even room for a sub itself under the seat, let alone an enclosure?

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After some research, here is what I found:

1 X center dash speaker 3.5"
2 X side dash speakers 3.5"
2 X front door tweeters 1"
2 X front door speakers 6.5"
2 X rear door speakers 6.5"
1 X Subwoofer 6.5"

Total 10 speakers for Premium sound

Can anyone confirm this is the correct setup? Thank you.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another question, I have decided to keep the stock headunit for awhile until I get tired of its looks. Well I was wondering if the stock headunit could run aftermarket dash speakers rating at 35rms smoothly without an amp? Thanks again.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right now I have decided to keep my stock headunit and go with JL Audio 6w3v3 for subwoofer. However I still cant decided which route to go with the speakers and the amps.

For Front/Rear speakers Iam deciding between

Option 1
JBL 660gti X 2

Option 2
JL Audio C5-650 Front
JL Audio C2-650x Rear

Option 3
Focal 165 VB Front
Focal 165 CA Rear

For Dash speakers here are my options:

Option 1
Keep it stock

Option 2
Infinity 32.9cf

Option 3
JL Audio C2-350x

Option 4
Boston Acoustics S35

Finally for amps Iam choosing between the following:

Option 1
JL Audio HD 600/4 (For speakers)
JL Audio 250/1v2 (For sub)

Option 2
JL Audio HD 900/5 (For everything)

Iam having a tough time deciding what to do so hope I can get some input to help me decide on what is best. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a tough time deciding which route to go so I choose to do a whole set of JLs just to make things simple. Here is where Iam at now:

Headunit stock

Front dash speakers JL C2-350x
Front door speakers JL C5-650
Rear door speakers JL C2-650x
Subwoofer JL 6w3v3-4

There is only one last thing I still cant decide on which is what amp to get. Here are my current options.

Option 1
JL XD 700/5 to power front/rear speakers and sub, have stock unit to power the dash speakers. Since the dash speaker is only 30rms, I think the stock unit might be sufficient.

Option 2
JL XD 600/6 to power all speakers
JL 250/1v2 to power the sub

· Registered
33 Posts
jimmyc13 - That is a valid question. I am leaning toward 6.5" Kicker CompVT. I have the base CT, so I figured it would be easier to put it under the seat rather than try to start cutting holes in the back. I don't want to loose any trunk storage space. I would be fine putting the 6.5" sub where it would be in the premium audio version. Thoughts anyone?

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Take it to a reputable audio shop that does custom installs. They'll be able to help you.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After doing some research on my project, I was suggested to consider a 3 way component setup and the brand and model given was Dynaudio Esotec 342 7" 3 way. What do you guys think?

In addition, Iam considering of upgrading from a 6" woofer to an 8" woofer. Do you guys think I'll be able to fit an 8" woofer into our stock box with some modifications or will I need to fabricate a whole new box? Finally if I'll go with the 8" woofer setup, which of the following woofers would you pick?

Polk Audio MM840
JL Audio 8w3v3-4
JL Audio 8w7ae
Rainbow 8" Vanadium

Thank you.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was told if I want to keep my stock HU, I better get a signal processor to maximize the performance of my system. Well I found the Alpine H660 and Audiocontrol DQL-8. What are the pro and cons of these and which one will you pick? Any other signal processors you would recommend? Thank you.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally after all the research done, I finally decided and bought my new system. Here is what I finally got:

Front
Dynaudio 242 GT 6.5 components
Rear
Focal performance coax 6.5
Sub
Jl Audio 8w7ae
Amps
JL Audio 600/4
JL Audio JX 1000
Signal processor
Audiocontrol DQL-8

Cant wait to get these installed

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.