Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was looking through my Navigation manual and I saw something about thhe Audio Player setup, such as an Mp3 player I suppose. It's on page 363 (see attachment) of the manula so you can see what I'm talking about. Anyway I have two mp3 players which I tried. And neither are iPods. A Sansa e240 and Cowon D2. So I plugged them into the USB port and I guess they werent detected even though the player acknowledged they were hooked up just like when you plug them into a PC. So in the manual at Step 4 the middle button is to "Select Audio Player". Well that button is disabled. Is that because it will only work with iPods? Anyone know the answer? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
I see. I didn't realize that. Then the button below for bluetooth is for multiple bluetooth players I guess.
The one below is for you to add/remove/edit your audio bluetooth devices. Once a device is registered, it will show up in the Select Audio Player menu.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After you connect your device, what happens if you click the USB button in the audio player? Or if you toggle the 'mode' button on the steering wheel until it activates USB?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know if the iTouch 4th generation is compatible through bluetooth? I don't have any Apple products. I was thinking of redeeming my "Thank You" reward point from my credit card for a 8Gig iTouch but I would like to know if it's compatible as the manual only lists up to 3G for the iTouch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Govn't,

Check the settings of your Sansa. The USB port can be configured for MSC (Mass Storage Class) or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). I'm not sure if it will work, but go into settings on your Sansa, and, whichever protocol the USB is set to, try the other and see if it works connected to the USB port.

And, yes, the iPod Touch 4th Gen will work via USB or Bluetooth.

Another option, the one I use, is to just put all of your MP3s on a USB memory stick. You can get a 32GB stick for around $30, and put your whole music collection on it. The only problem with this option is that navigating your music folders is painfully slow.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Govn't,

And, yes, the iPod Touch 4th Gen will work via USB or Bluetooth.

Another option, the one I use, is to just put all of your MP3s on a USB memory stick. You can get a 32GB stick for around $30, and put your whole music collection on it. The only problem with this option is that navigating your music folders is painfully slow.
I've been using a 16Gig memory stick I bought anyway. I got one of those tiny ones that allows you to close the door over it. I got it at Radio Shack on sale for about $12. It holds about 180 CDs worth of music. It is certainly slow to navigate through the music, not to mention you have to stop the car to do it. I guess even when the iPod touch is connected via bluetooth or USB or any mp3 player connected by USB they all navigate the same way as a memory stick. I suppose you can navigate directly from the mp3 player itself. My Sansa is fairly easy with its thumb-wheel. But I always connected it with the AUX port instead. I notice that iPods use a four contact earphone jack so I guess that makes them incompatible with any other type of 1/8" (3mm) jack.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've been using a 16Gig memory stick I bought anyway. I got one of those tiny ones that allows you to close the door over it. I got it at Radio Shack on sale for about $12. It holds about 180 CDs worth of music. It is certainly slow to navigate through the music, not to mention you have to stop the car to do it. I guess even when the iPod touch is connected via bluetooth or USB or any mp3 player connected by USB they all navigate the same way as a memory stick. I suppose you can navigate directly from the mp3 player itself. My Sansa is fairly easy with its thumb-wheel. But I always connected it with the AUX port instead. I notice that iPods use a four contact earphone jack so I guess that makes them incompatible with any other type of 1/8" (3mm) jack.

The iPod would work with any 3mm jack. The USB for iPod is not the same as memory stick. You should be able to do playlist, by artists, by album and such. The bluetooth connection, you have to control from your iPod, except you could track up/down on steering wheel. I much prefer the touch screen control on my iPhone than any car control. I just put my iPhone in the Electronic Device Holder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts