Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new 2011 Lexus ct200h in October of 2011. The problem I am having is that when I use iPhone (or another Motorola Smartphone) to play some music using both BT and USB connection, it crashes the audio system in the car. Not only the car “refuses” to play the music, it erases all radio station preset. As a local Lexus technician puts it “ as if the fuse was pulled”.

The trick part is that the audio system doesn’t do it all the time. Most of time BT and USB connection work fine with Smartphones. Only when I play certain pieces of music as if a “bad track on a hard disk”. Likely when those pieces of music were played, the signal caused audio system to crash.

I have worked with local Lexus dealer and they even asked a Lexus engineer from Lexus US headquarter to look at the problem. Their conclusion is that the problem is in my phones not in the car. I disagree with them. To me, Lexus audio system is at fault. If the car can’t play a piece music, it can simply not play it and give out an error. But it should not erase the entire preset. Any engineer will tell you if a system crashes because of a bad input, it is a bad system design.

Any one experiences similar problem?

·
Registered
40 Posts
We have had this happen to. We have an iPhone 4S paired with the standard radio and one song that will always crash the radio. Have done this at least 5 times. It is only this one song that causes the problem so we have not bothered to flag it with Lexus. However if it happened randomly like it did for you I'd be frustrated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My factory radio and single cd player has also reset at least 5 times. Firmware bug ?

Anyway to update firmware like mobile or the computer.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the same issue....I have an iphone 5 with latest ios software...I'm not sure it was a particular song, but I will keep my eye out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have also experienced this problem. i was streaming Pandora from my iPhone 5s and the radio all of a sudden shut off. I've been streaming Pandora with it quite a few times but only as of yesterday did I experience the problem. Some other forums suggest its just the actual song itself, (and I'm not an expert) but that doesn't sound like a good enough reason.

Has anybody received new info?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts