Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using the ATEQ Quickset TPMS code reader/loader with their CT? I just got one and was curious because it is not going smoothly. I opened a support ticket with ATEQ but just thought I'd ask.
The ATEQ VT30 works well to read codes BTW. Thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
Just curious what this device is and what is it's purpose? My understanding is that the tire pressure monitoring system just runs in the background and you should never encounter it unless you have an issue with your tire losing pressure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's used to program tpms to the car. Say you get yourself a set of winter wheels and tires with a new set of tire pressure monitoring sensors, it's used to program the new sensors to the car. Best thing google ateq quickset video, you will find videos of the device in use. Also saves you money in the long run instead of having the dealer re-program the tpms every time you switch between winter to summer wheels and vice versa. Otherwise the car won't recognize the sensors and your tire pressure light will always stay on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have an ATEQ TPM quickset and it works great.
Pay attention to the HEX setting

·
Registered
1 Posts
All new cars sold in the US since 2007 need a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) which either monitors air pressure directly (via a sensor in the tire) or remotely by using the car’s anti-lock brake system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts