Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I'm located in Toronto (Mississauga), Ontario, Canada. Currently I'm driving a 03 Lexus IS300 in Crystal White and looking to purchase a CT200H in the Spring of 2012. What feedback can you give me regarding this purchase? Any lessons learned to share? I may buy used if I can find something in great condition (looking for White). So I'm very excited about this purchase and looking forward to growing up and driving a practical yet sexy automobile.

:cool::p

Thanks Guys & Gals!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum.

I'm from Toronto, and ordered my CT Touring package in white from Erin Mills Lexus.
(ordered first week of Sept, and it will arrive in Jan)
General consensus is that everyone loves it.
Your best bet is to read as many reviews and road tests as possible (caranddriver, motortrend, autos.ca, motoring 2011, consumer reports, etc..) and just take notes of all the goods and bads.
Then go test drive one and see if any of those bads are deal breakers.

Only downsides I remember are:
- slow (but great way to help prevent speeding tickets lol)
- center console armrest is too far back, and some plastic part is uncomfortable to rest arm on
- not a lot of cargo room for a hatchback due to high floor due to batteries in trunk
- batteries could have been moved lower and more towards the center to improve handling
- geared towards handling more than ride comfort
- fuel economy isn't as good as prius (i think because the CT is heaver, and tuned slightly more towards sporty-ness)

Positives are mainly
- looks amazing
- its a lexus
- price is cheap
- fuel economy (especially for people who deal with a lot of city driving, stop and go)
- great standard features
- first/only luxury hybrid
- green (i think 80% recyclable)
- great reliability
- good warranty

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I think you will love the CT. I have a 2011 CT200h and it is a great car. I had a Absolute Red 5-speed 2002 IS300. I liked it but it didn't get very good mileage. I strayed away from Lexus for awhile, but I AM GLAD I AM BACK. The CT is very nice looking, quiet, and even though it is inexpensive compared to other Lexi , it still Lexus quality.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Hello Lexuriuz, there has been a few of us who have updated from IS300s as I know there have been a few members from the my.is forum.

What I'd miss from my 2011 CT when driving 2001 IS300:
- fuel economy
- Navigation
- Back up camera
- titling side mirrors and bigger side mirrors
- voice commands and bluetooth connection with phone
- USB and 3.5 mm jack for Ipod
- Like driving in EV stealth mode
- Even though trunk in IS300 is fairly large, having the added cargo space with foldable seats is a plus
- LED daytime running lights :p
- LED headlights (tech package)
- Safety and Ride comfort

What I miss from IS300 after driving CT:
- Horsepower
- The Premium Audio in CT doesn't compared to Premium in IS300
- Yellow Fogs
- Tiptronic Manual Mode
- HKS Exhaust :p
- Better handling (except in Winter snow)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey welcome to the forum.

I'm from Toronto, and ordered my CT Touring package in white from Erin Mills Lexus.
(ordered first week of Sept, and it will arrive in Jan)
General consensus is that everyone loves it.
Your best bet is to read as many reviews and road tests as possible (caranddriver, motortrend, autos.ca, motoring 2011, consumer reports, etc..) and just take notes of all the goods and bads.
Then go test drive one and see if any of those bads are deal breakers.

Only downsides I remember are:
- slow (but great way to help prevent speeding tickets lol)
- center console armrest is too far back, and some plastic part is uncomfortable to rest arm on
- not a lot of cargo room for a hatchback due to high floor due to batteries in trunk
- batteries could have been moved lower and more towards the center to improve handling
- geared towards handling more than ride comfort
- fuel economy isn't as good as prius (i think because the CT is heaver, and tuned slightly more towards sporty-ness)

Positives are mainly
- looks amazing
- its a lexus
- price is cheap
- fuel economy (especially for people who deal with a lot of city driving, stop and go)
- great standard features
- first/only luxury hybrid
- green (i think 80% recyclable)
- great reliability
- good warranty

Dave, Thanks I appreciate your response. No way its 80% recyclable. Crazy! :cool:

Since I already own a lexus i agree with your statement that "its a Lexus" is one of the positives ahahha :)

I didn't realize that the batteries take up so much of the trunk. I'm going to have to take a good look at that when I go for a test drive. I'm used to very responsive handling from teh IS300... Mine is slightly modded (springs/shocks) and is lower then stock.

Please let's not talk about the prius :eek:, I don't think the two cars are even comparable. What car did you drive before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you will love the CT. I have a 2011 CT200h and it is a great car. I had a Absolute Red 5-speed 2002 IS300. I liked it but it didn't get very good mileage. I strayed away from Lexus for awhile, but I AM GLAD I AM BACK. The CT is very nice looking, quiet, and even though it is inexpensive compared to other Lexi , it still Lexus quality.
Lots of IS300 drivers converting to the CT... thanks for your reply

Hello Lexuriuz, there has been a few of us who have updated from IS300s as I know there have been a few members from the my.is forum.

What I'd miss from my 2011 CT when driving 2001 IS300:
- fuel economy
- Navigation
- Back up camera
- titling side mirrors and bigger side mirrors
- voice commands and bluetooth connection with phone
- USB and 3.5 mm jack for Ipod
- Like driving in EV stealth mode
- Even though trunk in IS300 is fairly large, having the added cargo space with foldable seats is a plus
- LED daytime running lights :p
- LED headlights (tech package)
- Safety and Ride comfort

What I miss from IS300 after driving CT:
- Horsepower
- The Premium Audio in CT doesn't compared to Premium in IS300
- Yellow Fogs
- Tiptronic Manual Mode
- HKS Exhaust :p
- Better handling (except in Winter snow)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask
Darkride are you on the my.is forum? I'm also on there in the Canadian section of the forum mostly. My username is the same.

I like the way you listed what you would miss from each car had you had to go back to the other one. Tiptronic is fun, and so is the RWD and handling (even in the snow ;)).

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Yes, I recognized your username :) Mine is different, I go under ltune300 on the my.is forum and mainly hung around the Canadian section as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts