·
Registered
71 Posts
Non annual fee
24 hour HUMAN customer service
1.5 points/$1 spent
5 points/$1 spent at Lexus
Points are worth $0.01 each at Lexus

Doesn't sound like much, but they add up over time.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My wife and I opened one because it was the only card Lexus would let us use to pay for the car (and then only $3000 each). I wasn't looking to finance the car, but wanted to maximize any freebies that might be available.

So, we ended up charging $6000 on the brand-new cards which translated into $300 worth of service/parts/Lexus merchandise. I haven't cashed that in yet, but probably will once I have to pay for my own oil changes.

That is the only charge we've ever put on the cards and it was paid off as soon as the bill came. Unless you're using it to help pay for the car, I think there are better reward programs out there. We use the Sony Card as our primary credit card.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife and I opened one because it was the only card Lexus would let us use to pay for the car (and then only $3000 each). I wasn't looking to finance the car, but wanted to maximize any freebies that might be available.

So, we ended up charging $6000 on the brand-new cards which translated into $300 worth of service/parts/Lexus merchandise. I haven't cashed that in yet, but probably will once I have to pay for my own oil changes.

That is the only charge we've ever put on the cards and it was paid off as soon as the bill came. Unless you're using it to help pay for the car, I think there are better reward programs out there. We use the Sony Card as our primary credit card.
This was the only reason for the service perks.
My main one is for my cruising perks but wanted to know if there was no problems with it.
Is the 6k the most they let you use towards the car?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
They let me put 5k down. You can put as much down as your credit limit allows. Definitely get it if you want another card and have not purchased yet.

Otherwise, it takes a while to accumulate enough points. I put 5k down as down payment on my second Lexus after the CT. Had enough points to get my F-Sport CT grilles comped plus Premium Floor Mats, etc.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This was the only reason for the service perks.
My main one is for my cruising perks but wanted to know if there was no problems with it.
Is the 6k the most they let you use towards the car?
Thanks
The most my dealer would allow was $3000 per person charged to a credit card and the only card they would accept was their own.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ended up paying MSRP for my CT200h Premium, but the dealer allowed me to put my WHOLE purchase on my non-Lexus Visa!! Really a hit or miss - the other dealership in town allowed the usual $3000.

Scored some serious points!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow, I was only allowed to put down $1,500 or so on a credit card and the rest had to be a check, so much for all the points!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts