Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if this device would work on the 2012 Lexus CT200H? I have searched the entire internet who seems to say that using Apple Carplay on the 2012 is just not possible, which is why I would like some guidance by tech-savvy people on what they think of this product. There is a YouTube video that you can watch the beginning of to see what they say you need in your car for it to work. Please help me :)

I guess a shortened question is: what kind of input does the 2012 infotainment display use? RCA? And if someone knows that Carplay doesn't work, what is it exactly in the pre-2013 models makes it so the display cannot be updated?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to know, too... 2013 is mine...
There are a lot of tutorials and products for 2013 and beyond, including Apple/Android set up. It's the 2012 that apparently is different...although I do not know in what way. If anyone knows please share with the class :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are a lot of tutorials and products for 2013 and beyond, including Apple/Android set up. It's the 2012 that apparently is different...although I do not know in what way. If anyone knows please share with the class :)
There is a beautiful plug'n play solution from GROMAudio (VLINE), but it does not seem to be supported by the manufacturer anymore... I'm looking for an alternative solution... See the thread for more details: GROM VLine VL2 Apple CarPlay and Android Auto...

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you had any luck finding something that works with the 2012 model? This looks promising: 10.25" Touch Screen Lexus Ct200h Android Head Unit GPS Stereo Upgrade - Professional blog for car DVD GPS head units
Indeed that one looks promising @mcbretttetettet. There are two videos with detailed install instructions and a review about it:

The manufacturer also has a YouTube channel showing the device:

I'm actually in touch with the vendor and about to purchase one. Got the following quote yesterday:
"1x 10.25" HD Android head unit for 2012 CT200h with factory/OEM NAV: US$599
1x wired + wireless CarPlay AND Android Auto: US$60
Shipping cost to Canada US$93 by UPS

Total: 599+60+93= 752 USD

bank transfer or western union payment is entitled to 15% discount for goods cost = US$653.15"

A decent NAV system is a must in any car imo and the GROM Audio still seems to me like a way better-polished product up to a point that I was happy to spend the money... This one I'm not too sure... boot time is ridiculous, mouse does not work with Android and some other quirks... but since my only other option was trading my car for a 2014 (or leasing a UX250h :p) I decided to take my chances and just go for this one...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Indeed that one looks promising @mcbretttetettet. There are two videos with detailed install instructions and a review about it:

The manufacturer also has a YouTube channel showing the device:

I'm actually in touch with the vendor and about to purchase one. Got the following quote yesterday:
"1x 10.25" HD Android head unit for 2012 CT200h with factory/OEM NAV: US$599
1x wired + wireless CarPlay AND Android Auto: US$60
Shipping cost to Canada US$93 by UPS

Total: 599+60+93= 752 USD

bank transfer or western union payment is entitled to 15% discount for goods cost = US$653.15"

A decent NAV system is a must in any car imo and the GROM Audio still seems to me like a way better-polished product up to a point that I was happy to spend the money... This one I'm not too sure... boot time is ridiculous, mouse does not work with Android and some other quirks... but since my only other option was trading my car for a 2014 (or leasing a UX250h :p) I decided to take my chances and just go for this one...
Yikes at that price. Shame about the GROM audio option no longer being supported. Let me know your experience if you decide to move forward. I saw pioneer has announced some "modular" android auto/apple play units but the compatibility and install process is way over my head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts