Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered the Xtreme Digital HID Conversion Kits Product Code: XT-HID and it appears the polarity is backwards when everything is connected. If I connect everything properly, where the lead from the factory headlight harness connects to the ballast the HIDs fail to fire. When I reverse the connection from the headlight lead to the ballast they HIDs fire fine. This would be fine, except the connector from the headlight lead into the ballast doesn't "Click" into place and remains loose on the posts when in this configuration. I compared the connector to the factory bulb and it confirmed my suspicion that the connector was on backwards. Is there an adapter I can go purchase, or where do I go from here? Anyone had this issue?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you try them yet? I have the kit from Xenon Supply arriving Wednesday, but I have read nothing but good things about Xenon Depot.

I'd try a Prius or other Lexus forum too - might be so good info there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried them, but the connectors appeared to be backwards between the factory headlight lead and the connector to the ballast. It's like the connector that goes to the ballast was put on backwards. If you connect it so everything snaps solidly in place the polarity is reversed and they fail to fire. If you connect the connector backwards they fire, but the connector does not snap in place. Very disappointed. I've e-mailed them, but wanted to see if anyone else experienced the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is how I had it configured:

Close up of the lead to ballast through bulb

This is what I believe is backwards (or the connector from bulb to ballast is)

The black has to go to the purple wire I believe it was for it to work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up just putting it in the less secure way. It seems like it has some suction to it so it shouldn't just rattle off, but who knows. I'm going to get some electrical tape and run a loop around it just to be sure it doesn't wiggle free.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heard back from xenon depot, it shows how to reverse the polarity on the connector in question which should solve my problem.

I'm purchasing a multimeter to verify polarity today, but does anyone know of the top of their head which color wire on the factory harness corresponds to which pole?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did end up having to reverse the polarity on the connector. After googling it appears that Toyota/Lexus reverse the polarity on the headlight leads compared to other brands. I believe the white wire was negative and the purple was positive.

·
Registered
80 Posts
After 2.5 hours have mine in with the relay. What a pain.

Bought the 4300k HIDs, digital slim ballasts and the relay connection. Kit was put together very nicely and arrived in 2 days. Overall, I'd recommend Xenon Supply - they have great install videos for other models but not the CT - that might have helped a little too as there were no directions for the relay installation - but wasn;t too complicated.

At first, for the life of me I couldn't get the lights to work - with or without the relay. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with Xenon Supply and finally realized the pins in the plugs/connectors (bulb to factory power and relay to factory power) were too wide. So, I tried bending them in a couple mm and finally worked. Works in auto mode and looks good so far. I'll test them out tonight and see how things go. Frustrating the pins in the plugs were a good 3mm too wide as they came stock - wider than the factory plug pins/connectors on the lights.

Thankfully someone posted the 12v connector/screw to attach the relay to in another thread - saved me a lot of time as I didn't realize that little piece came off and had a connection under it.

So much for "plug and play".

But, customer service was great and stayed on the phone with me until I realized what the problem was.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh, and my connection was less than stellar as well - I actually used a zip tie to hold the connection together just in case. Hidden nicely though so hopefully it holds well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vester, did you switch the posts on the connector that attaches to the factory lead? Once I did that the connections snapped into place. The ct200h and many lexus\toyota's apparently use reverse polarity.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did not try that yet - I think it's connected properly - meaning the right way but it's the width of the prongs on the plug making the connection less than perfect.

I'm looking at again tonight though as my ballasts needs to be secured a little better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ballasts in good shape and secured and lights look great.

Connection seems solid so far. If is comes loose I'll make sure I post an angry update - assuming I don't take a header off the road ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts