Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...on the black metal tag inside the drivers door (attached to the body of the car) it shows build date (just the month and year). Anyone who took delivery recently...anyone with an April or May month build date. I got my car which arrived at the dealership May 16th with a build date of March 2011

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I took delivery a week ago and my build date too was March 2011, but for some reason the dealer told me it was built post-quake (not sure how they figured that....maybe because I placed my order mid-April)?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I took delivery a week ago and my build date too was March 2011, but for some reason the dealer told me it was built post-quake (not sure how they figured that....maybe because I placed my order mid-April)?
Maybe yours was one of the first few that were built right after the quake, when they restarted production for a few cars near the end of March. It probably took a while to get the cars from the factory to the port and from the port onto the ship to get it over here in the US. The quake must have been at the beginning of March since I remember I got mine a week after the quake.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Mine was delivered April 15th with a build date of March 2011

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is my point...when I used to check Cars.com for local inventory, right after the quake, there were a couple of hundred cars within 500 miles of my address. Now I look and there are 5 showing. I know that isn't accurate because some are pre sold and don't exist any longer and a lot more dealers don't post on there than do. All I'm saying is I have yet to see someone's car that was built after March...which makes me think none are here yet from post quake

·
Registered
100 Posts
I believe that Canada has had no deliveries since the initial dealer allocation. Even then, my dealer said that dealers had asked for the max. of 5 cars and had generally received 2 or 3. So the Great White North has a handful of pre-quake CTs driving around (except for those Daybreaks that seem destined for lives as demos).

11 weeks and still waiting...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, the dealership I ordered mine from said they haven't received any new cars since the one I test drove the first week of April.

10 weeks and still waiting...also I was told that mine won't be built until sometime in July.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mine was built 12/10. I took delivery up here in Central Ontario May 12.
My VIN #: .........00995

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought mine April 15 and the build date is 01/2011 - I know that my dealer has had 1 shipment of 3 CTS since April - that was as of June 6th.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I ordered mine right before the quake, received it about 2 weeks ago, build date 4/11

·
Registered
56 Posts
I picked up on April 29th, 2011.
Built date is 03/11.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought mine April 16th.
Built Date is 01/11.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts