Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I already own a Yakima Q Tower rack, which I previously used on my Lexus IS300, but have not had any luck finding photos/info of anybody using this setup on a CT. The Yakima site shows that it is compatible with the Q83 & Q6 clips, but I'd at least like to see photos of somebody with this setup. I'm hesitant to go ahead with it because I had issues with the Q Clips ripping the door seals and chipping the paint on my IS300. (see photos below)

I'd appreciate any info!

(I just realized this is my first post, although I've been lurking since 2012, so hello!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was only able to find photos of when I first realized the issue, though it got much worse than the pictures show.

Notice how much the Q Clip displaces the door seal:

The friction eventually sheared this ripped portion completely off on every door, exposing it to contact directly with the door itself, leading to paint chipping.

Had issues maintaining a weathertight seal at the rear passenger door. Picture taken after driving through the rain.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not a direct answer, but I am using Thule Rapid Aero and the seals are A-OK. The Thule clip fits under the seal in much the same way, but with less distortion and pressure on the seal. It is rated at a whopping 65lbs, but I have had at least 200lbs and a bike on it with no issue.
I think the seals on the IS300 are much softer, I had them rip on the trunk of my IS300. They seem flimsy by comparison to the CT.
It is on the roof right now so I will take a pic before I remove it so you can see how the Thule looks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.