Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Anyone replaced their spark plugs by DIY yet?

32K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Mhanley 
#1 ·
Curious if you have to disassemble the wiper motor like the Prius to get to the plugs, which looks like a PIA from the youtube video. I actually just want access to clean them since I only have about 35k on mines. Probably don't need to, but wanted unscrew them out to prevent seizing later and just because I'm use to changing the plugs every 30k on my other older car.

#4 · (Edited)
Sure doesn't look very hard to replace. Looks a lot like how my 06 Prius was.

Worst case just need a angled rachet to get them out.

This makes me happy, because I had to go look up that YouTube video you were talking about.
Another point over the Prius for me.

You have 120,000 miles on your car?
Asking because it looks as if you have a 14 or 15.

#12 · (Edited)
Just tried it out and it's not an issue.
Just need an angled rachet extension to get into the hole.
As seen here:

You can see here that I've got the rachet extension into the hole. Just put a rachet on and pull it out.
I didn't bother pulling a plug as my car is just 2 months old. But you get the idea.
Make sure to unplug each harness as well.

Just have to pull these bolts out first, and for the case of the one on the left, have to unplug the grey harness, or use a open end wrench.

#13 ·
Thanks Infected for doing that, will make everyone's life easier if they decide to change their own. With the '11 models being the oldest, I'm assuming that many cars are due for a change. I'm going to pull mines out just to clean and maybe apply some anti-seize to the threads.

#18 ·
Just did mine as well. I had to buy a 14mm spark plug socket from Amazon. You will need a 6" wobble extension to clear the cowl. A straight extension won't work.

i also had trouble with disconnecting the connector from the ignition coils. I had to use a small std screwdriver to help lift the retainer while I pushed down on the opposite end.

This is what happens when you try to use a straight extension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.