Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to see some photos on a white car. Debating between painting or getting a set of 18"s. Painting would be much cheaper....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I painted mine Lexus' Smokey Granite Mica the weekend I got the car. I love the way they look!

Sorry, I know the pics are small....if someone could host them, I'd appreciate it!!

Kristi

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wheels look good, but I'm just as interested in that resto-mod in the background... impala or chevelle front fender?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kristi - can you talk me through how you did that paint job? looks excellent... Thinking about doing the same... did you have a pro shop do it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wheels look good, but I'm just as interested in that resto-mod in the background... impala or chevelle front fender?
Ha! Good eye! It's a '63 Impala. My husband built it from the ground up, all his work except the upholstery. It's our weekend cruiser!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kristi - can you talk me through how you did that paint job? looks excellent... Thinking about doing the same... did you have a pro shop do it?
Thanks, Jimbo. My husband does collision repair for a living and custom work/paint and restoration as a hobby so he painted the rims. We took all four rims off and put the poor baby on jack stands (the neighbors must have thought we were nuts!), and I helped him prep and tape up the wheels.

He used PPG paint and clear. From beginning to end it took about five hours. If you're anywhere near Dallas, we'll hook you up! :)

Kristi

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like black type wheels. I painted my 4runner wheels black, it just looks meaner. Your husband does good work!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice job on the wheels and on the Impala...I'd love to get my hands on a bubble top one of these days.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Kristi, I just pm'd you. I'm in Dallas and would love to see your wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts