Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Anyone Here Enjoy Taking the Twisty Way Home in Their CT?

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ChaiLatte 
#1 ·
Hey folks, I was just curious how many people here like taking the long and twisty way home with their CT sometimes, or even just enjoy keeping momentum in corners. I know for the money it isn't the best suited to that kind of task, but I think we all know it's a much better riding/ handling car than most people give it credit for. I personally love tossing my CT F-Sport into corners and taking canyon roads for fun. The suspension is dead stable and the steering is laser precise, even if it is as numb as Novocaine. Obviously power isn't its strong suit, but when it comes to handling fun I think it has the power to impress. Anyone else here take the long way home in their CT?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Love the picture!

Since I drive for work, in Houston, where there are no such things as twisty roads, and spend most of my time on the highways, all I have are exit ramps. There are 2 or 3 places where the ramps curve hard, but I keep my cruise control at 60 and blow past them. Grip is really good considering the LRR tires, and like you said, dead stable in turns. Composure, consistency, and control in handling is definitely well-done in the CT. A shame it doesn't have a tad more power, like the Ford C-Max.

I own a 2014 Mustang GT, and it can't match the stability, composure, and steering precision of my Lexus. Only the 2015 comes close, but none of them can match how comfortable the ride while it handles so well. Makes me itch for test driving an IS 350 F Sport or an RC 350 F Sport.

#4 ·
this car is a blast to drive! I took the looooong way home a couple weeks ago, traversing Palomar Mountain.
Going up the mountain I put it into sport mode and I was surprised how well it provided enough power to keep a very brisk pace. When I got to the top of the mountain, it smelled like the tires were ready to catch fire, so I took it a little slower going down hill. The B "gear" is great for down hill, smoooothly keeping the car under control. The run up and down the mountain killed my hyper-miling attempt, but compared to most any other car, the fuel efficiency was much better. The LRR tires gripped much better than I expected. My nitpicks are the steering, although precise, lacks feedback compared to proper sports car, the springs could be just a little stiffer, and more damping. Oh, and it could use ventilated seats, since the adrenaline was making me sweat, LOL!

#14 ·
I actually owned a Cooper as well before the CT. The Cooper had grip up the wazoo, but wasn't stable on high speed sweepers. The CT just hunkers down and takes corners with exceptional stability, even if the grip isn't as high. I'd love to see what this thing is capable of with some good summer rubber. Anyone have experience with this?

#11 ·
If they put the Mazda 3 Engine in the Miata it would get fuel efficiency rivaling the Lexus CT. But sadly, that won't happen due to the belief that a sports car is supposed to be powerful.
A 2 seater Lexus CT200H F Sport, with lighter lithium battery and larger wheels might be a hot seller. Maybe Scion could make a Scion FR-H?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.