Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any with this option yet in the Southeast or Northeast, wondering if Lexus is actually producing any, or if it's just really hard to find at this point.

Is this option only available from the factory or can it be PIO or DIO?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have them and they sure are brighter .I believe they are a factory add on only

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have them. Very bright. Car on the lot just had them from the factory. Salesman said they were rare.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Mine came equipped with them. They rock! I'm in SoCal though.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine came equipped with them. They rock! I'm in SoCal though.
I have them and am really happy with them. I'm also from CA.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have them and I'm from the mid west... Minnesota to be exact.

·
Registered
414 Posts
In Canada, you only get them when you get the top-of-the-line 'Technology package', which includes Navi as well (and they are great!).

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Couldn't get LED is Texas unless special order. Anyway the HIDs are much brighter especially the 5000 lumen 55W one. Halogens dim, LEDs bright, HIDs brightest ( except maybe R8 and Escalade :rolleyes:)

Has anyone in the colder areas with LEDs decided what to do with the winter snow and ice because LED lights don't produce any heat to melt :confused:

And yes, Texans drive fast!

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
LED package comes with headlight de-icers.
Thanks tchris :) -makes sense they de-icers would be needed with LED headlights in icy/snowy-type weather

·
Registered
371 Posts
LED package comes with headlight de-icers.
How does the LED package de-ice work? Are you saying the pop-up headlight washers de-ice the headlights or is that simply washer fluid? :confused:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Tis true. They definitely don't get hot enough! Not too big of a problem here in CA.

The headlight de-icers are really just super powerful LED headlamp washers that pop out. I think the stream is heated and much more powerful because the lights themselves don't give off enough heat to make a difference on the ice buildup. I was thinking of reversing the washers so I can spray people. They are THAT powerful. Like having built-in super soakers. When you activate the headlamp washers on the CT, some of the fluid overshoots clear across the hood and reaches the roof and doors.

·
Registered
53 Posts
..... some of the fluid overshoots clear across the hood and reaches the roof and doors.
Gosh, don't you just hate when that happens?

:D

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
How does the LED package de-ice work? Are you saying the pop-up headlight washers de-ice the headlights or is that simply washer fluid? :confused:
The fluid that sprays out comes from the washer fluid tank. I believe it is heated before coming out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I only got my CT in July, so I never had a chance to use the headlight washers in cold weather to see how they worked. In addition to clearing away ice the washers would be handy for cleaning dirt and mud off the lights during spring breakup. I always carried windshield washer and paper towels with me during that time of year. My car is being shipped from Anchorage to Phoenix, so I won't get to put those deicers to work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tis true. They definitely don't get hot enough! Not too big of a problem here in CA.

I was thinking of reversing the washers so I can spray people. They are THAT powerful. Like having built-in super soakers. .
Similar fun: Direct the rear window washer to spray tailgaters. :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts