Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the F-Sport but upcoming back surgery requires that i soften the ride for at least a year.

Anyone know if we can just replace the springs for a softer ride or do we need to replace the struts as well?

Also, anyone in SoCal area that lowered their CT and interested in selling the OEM springs, let me know what you have and how much you want.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have F-sport springs installed so I have the OEM springs. You wouldn't have to change dampers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you change out the struts/shocks as well?

Talked to the Lexus dealer parts dept, they said the factory F-sport edition has different springs and struts/shocks than the standard/premium edition.

I'm concerned about ride comfort for the year long recovery from back surgery. May just have to put thect away and use the rx400 until i'm all healed up

·
Registered
193 Posts
I must say. The change in spring rate and even damper valving from normal CT to F sport CT shouldn't be high enough to affect your back surgery. Reason is. The F sport is tuned to be firmer...........but when? not always. Firmer in low-damper-velocity scenarios. ie body roll, squat and dive. The higher spring rate is minimal. 10% at most.

I'd say. the bigger issue with the CTh and your back, may be the much more aggressive seating position. Being lower. Egress is an issue and the nature of how the knees are set higher vs the RX. But the main issue is probably egress and ingress.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Team Lexus,
Your right about egress and ingress, we still had the prius after the last surgery and i wasn't able to get in it for a good 4 months or so during recovery. The F-sport sits even lower than the prius did.
Was just hoping to figure out a way to be able to keep riding the CT, its really quite addictive and just a real kick in the pants to drive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yes i do ru still looking for a set in socal ?

We have the F-Sport but upcoming back surgery requires that i soften the ride for at least a year.

Anyone know if we can just replace the springs for a softer ride or do we need to replace the struts as well?

Also, anyone in SoCal area that lowered their CT and interested in selling the OEM springs, let me know what you have and how much you want.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update... Still looking for set of oem springs and any suggestions to help soften the ride and lift the CT ride hieght.
I have been off line for awhile, since my last posting, i had two more back surgeries and then two hemoragic strokes this past Nov. now i am not allowed to drive for at least 6 months.
We have sold our second vehicle and now only have the F-Sport for transportation.
Any ideas from the forum??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Easiest solution? Smallest wheels you can fit, and use a tire with the biggest sidewall you can fit. And don't run the maximum tire pressure.

I think you'll have a hard time finding an exact replacement spring with a much lower spring rate than the factory springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts