Lexus CT200h Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
It seems not all cars are effected. I can go from SAT to CD, FM or AM and I don't need to change the volume. They all sound great. Am I the only one?
Same here, no major jump in volume going from one to the other.

Sat radio quality is good, at least better than FM reception.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Same here, no major jump in volume going from one to the other.

Sat radio quality is good, at least better than FM reception.
Maybe it's just a issue with the first ones... someone had posted that there was some component changes. Never the less if the volume on the SAT channel is 30-34 and I go to FM it blasts you out and you have to turn it back to 17-18 foer the same sound level. The sound quality is also clearer on FM then SAT, just the opposite from what it should be. I wrote to Lexus again, as this is not 'normal operation because it's digital' as the dealer stated.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I heard back from Lexus on the XM radio volume and sound issues yesterday and they said after discussing with the dealer that it is 'Normal operation' and there is no issue.

When I told them how come the wife's Prius, my 08 Highlander Hybrid and that newer CT's didn't seem to have the same issues (even directed them to this site), they had no answer other then to say Service determined that his is normal operation for this radio when compared with other Lexus vehicles. :mad: A little disappointed in Lexus's response, or lack of response.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a new 2012 w/ Audio upgrade and I have the same problem - horrible SAT sound relative to FM, CD, or AUX sound. Haven't called Lexus yet, but I will. Unless there is a fix, not going to keep XM after the trial.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have big jump in volume from sat to radio too. Very annoying. I am in Los Angeles area and have prem auto.
The dealer told me this is 'NORMAL' we all know is BS. Told them my Highlander Hybrid didn't have that problem nor does the wifes 2010 Prius so I can't imagine that I'd have the issue with a Lexus. Bottomline, calls to Lexusreverted back to the mechanic stating it was normal. I thingk Lexus knows they have a problem but if they admit it they would have to replace a lot of radio head units.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The "Endless Pursuit of Perfection" does not include the issues with XM Radio for Lexus.

I have rented 100's of vehicles with Sat radio, most North American models, and everyone of them was better they my CT.

This is not NORMAL, but Lexus refuses to tell any of us that this is a problem.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The "Endless Pursuit of Perfection" does not include the issues with XM Radio for Lexus.

I have rented 100's of vehicles with Sat radio, most North American models, and everyone of them was better they my CT.

This is not NORMAL, but Lexus refuses to tell any of us that this is a problem.
I've never been happy with the audio in my CT and the sat radio is the worst I've ever heard. My other two cars have wonderful sound systems in them and the factory sat radios sound wonderful. Lexus did screw up on this one. Every time I bring my CT in for service I mention the lack of quality of the audio system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here, 2011 with NAV and terrible SAT. Gotta agree with Don, every rental I have ever been in has had a clearer sound. Sounds like a mono feed coming out of old soup cans.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts