Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
If we are all experiencing the same quality problem. Hopefully there's a software update for a fix. I doubt Lexus will swap out head units this early in the release.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
2hunny as I mentioned earlier it's not a software problem it's a hardware issue. The issue needs to be addressed by Lexus.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey everyone please call 1-800-25-Lexus and let them know about your Satellite Radio problems. More people that call in the quicker they will fix the problem! I called today so it's in their system.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To those of you without the nav system, can you pick up the baseball games on your xm? This is the only reason I am getting the nav, I am under the assumption the non-nav xm does not cover the sports channels. Love my XM baseball and will not buy a car without it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey everyone please call 1-800-25-Lexus and let them know about your Satellite Radio problems. More people that call in the quicker they will fix the problem! I called today so it's in their system.
I'll call and complain next week.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Called yesterday and received a call back with the message that there is not a fix at this time, but there are other complaints and they are working on it. So the more people that call it in the sooner we'll get a solution.

On mine I noticed that if I set the FM to say 17 on the volume then switched to SAT I had to increase the volume to around 32 to get the same volume on the SAT channel. FM clearer and crisper sound as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
To those of you without the nav system, can you pick up the baseball games on your xm? This is the only reason I am getting the nav, I am under the assumption the non-nav xm does not cover the sports channels. Love my XM baseball and will not buy a car without it.
:confused: I've no idea why you would be under that assumption. All of the sports channels including the mlb stations are available on the non-nav.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm with you guys. I'll call tomorrow, but I'm getting a volume drop that is annoying. Was going to go up to the dealer tomorrow, but if its a wasted trip I'll call Lexus tomorrow instead. Or maybe too. I love my CT but the two issues I have with it are the volume drop and that the display wont scroll. Maybe I should go aftermarket.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm with you guys. I'll call tomorrow, but I'm getting a volume drop that is annoying. Was going to go up to the dealer tomorrow, but if its a wasted trip I'll call Lexus tomorrow instead. Or maybe too. I love my CT but the two issues I have with it are the volume drop and that the display wont scroll. Maybe I should go aftermarket.
The display won't scroll, they are not set up to do it....Yes very annoying when my $100 portable unit will and this expensive unit will not. :mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Went by the dealer today. They said it has to do with the satellite signal and that all Lexus's do that. I know everyone will be surprised to hear that I'm NOT satisfied with that answer. Luxury car my *** if thats the case. I'm going to call Lexus again to follow up and let them know the answer I was given by the dealer. Just so you know, I really do like the dealer I bought from and this is the first time they've come up short on me.

Also to anyone that is interested, there is no aftermarket harness or assembly available yet for the CT. Maybe by the end of the year.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Went by the dealer today. They said it has to do with the satellite signal and that all Lexus's do that. I know everyone will be surprised to hear that I'm NOT satisfied with that answer. Luxury car my *** if thats the case. I'm going to call Lexus again to follow up and let them know the answer I was given by the dealer. Just so you know, I really do like the dealer I bought from and this is the first time they've come up short on me.

Also to anyone that is interested, there is no aftermarket harness or assembly available yet for the CT. Maybe by the end of the year.
If that's the answer maybe they could respond as to why a portable plugged into the system AUX does NOT have the same volume drop, why my wife's 2010 Prius and my previous 08 Highlander Hybrid did NOT have this issue, seeing the last two are also Toyota/Lexus SAT receivers. A typical dealer BS answer to get you out the door.

I'm not holding my breath that Lexus will do anything either, as this would be costly and seeing it isn't a safety issue they can just say they are working on it and do nothing to the ones already out there. So bottom line, I believe we're stuck with what we got. :( That said I am a little disappointed with the Premium Stereo package that Lexus put into the CT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've seen this thread around for a while and since I don't have my CT yet, I haven't really had a personal experience with the XM radio...

Until this past week, when my truck went in the shop for hail damage and they gave me a 2011 Malibu for a rental. I noticed it is having the same issue with the satellite radio, the volume drops like crazy if you go to an XM channel but is fine when I have it on a regular FM station. I'm not going to say that I'm agreeing with the dealer, because I don't have XM in any of my vehicles so I don't really have prior experience...but it may have to do with something other than the car.

Hopefully whatever the issue is, it gets fixed before I get my CT!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Djones only problem with that opinion is that I have driven other 2011 Lexus models like the new RX hybrid and it does not have this issue. Also I just had a dealer loaner 2010 IS250 and that car did not have the issue either. My wife and I also had a 2005 Lexus GX470 with satellite radio and we never had this issue.

Anyone inside the automotive industry will tell you many automakers may buy a particular part or component from the same manufacturer. A recent light was shed on this topic by the Japan Earthquake disaster in which many of the major worldwide automobile manufacturers admitted they are being affected by certain parts in short supply within their outsourced supply chain. When and if certain parts are hard to come by or non existent they'll outsource it from a different company or region.

I was told by some Lexus people they've heard rumours as well have seen it in the past, that some parts are being outsourced from Malaysia. They said parts from Malaysia are notorious for being faulty and are definitely in-superior to that of Japanese-USA made products.

Whether this is the case or not time will only tell. It be interesting to see though if any of the new Lexus' or CT's coming off the assembly line post tsunami/earthquake will have anything other than the traditional Japanese parts. I found out my car was finished being built only days after the earthquake so I hope that ensures a better built and sourced out automobile.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Okay, I have to now admit. After hearing music using SAT, FM, CD and now USB, the SAT sound quality is PATHETIC. I am very very disappointed in Lexus for even allowing such a product in their car. Also, the reception in the antenna is horrible. I've driven on streets on a bright sunny day and there have been a couple of trees overhead while driving, but not a lot, and the sound keeps cutting out/losing signal.

I dumped my Sirius account after selling my last car and now it's confirmed, I get to save $ and won't be extending the XM on this car, I think an 8-track would sound better than the SAT does.

The good news though is the mp3 quality on the USB port is AWESOME with the premium sound package! :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
It seems not all cars are effected. I can go from SAT to CD, FM or AM and I don't need to change the volume. They all sound great. Am I the only one?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if nav vs. non-nav has anything to do with it?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Was at Dealers yesterday for my 5K service and had them check out the radio... "Normal Operation for a digital radio, radio working as designed" was the reply. I told them the wife's Prius isn't nearly this bad, nor was my Highlander . THe answer was they must not hev been digital.

I figured no less, but Lexus has a probem when your AM and FM channels are clearer and volume is twice that of the SAT radio. :mad:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts