Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My armrest button pushes in but won't release so the armrest doesn't latch. Almost like the button sticks in the in position. Not a big deal...just a little WD40 carefully sprayed in there and it works fine now...just wondering if anyone else had this issue happen to them?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Hmmmmm. Maybe you should take it in for repairs while it's under warranty if this happens again. Hasn't happened to me. I wonder if there's a temperature variable involved?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had my CT since March 2011 and this weekend the armrest latch started to malfunction. I experienced the same issue as you. The latch would push in to open the lid but would not pop-out so you couldn't close the lid. I did what you advised and sprayed some WD-40 in the area I believed was causing the trouble and it is working properly. It was really could this weekend, below freezing and I am wondering if that had an affect on the latch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
yep! had the same problem - it definitely stuck when i opened the cover, but the button would very slowly release. had the car in the dealership this past weekend anyways, and the dealer took care of it. they probably just wd40'd it too, but whatever! it works as new now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts