Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
414 Posts
I can't remember, but I don't think so.

Awesome! Glad to hear it...

Does it do a software update on the system too (i.e. like a flash update to the brain to add new features and get rid of bugs)?

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Awesome! Glad to hear it...

Does it do a software update on the system too (i.e. like a flash update to the brain to add new features and get rid of bugs)?
They had to do a firmware upgrade before they could update the maps from 10.1 to 11.1 (for compatibility reasons), but no obvious changes to the system! I would assume, if you are still on 10.1 map data, that a firmware upgrade will be necessary if you want to update to 12.1.

· Registered
324 Posts
slightly off topic, but regarding updates, is it possible to upgrade the nav system so it will have the app suite (pandora, open table..) like the 2013 models have? is it a dealer upgradable software or actual new hardware?
Remember this new Nav software with Pandora, iHeart and Open table are a subscription package. It is part of Enform.

· Registered
33 Posts
Remember this new Nav software with Pandora, iHeart and Open table are a subscription package. It is part of Enform.
I actually reached out to Lexus corporate and they confirmed that the 2011/2012 CT's will not be getting the updated Enform app suite like the 2013 models have. Bummer :( If you are considering updating the NAV to 12.1, it will only update POI's and road information.. nothing else changes, no visual updates or anything as far as the nav system as a whole goes. I've ordered the USB update and will report back once it is installed.

· Registered
324 Posts
I actually reached out to Lexus corporate and they confirmed that the 2011/2012 CT's will not be getting the updated Enform app suite like the 2013 models have. Bummer :( If you are considering updating the NAV to 12.1, it will only update POI's and road information.. nothing else changes, no visual updates or anything as far as the nav system as a whole goes. I've ordered the USB update and will report back once it is installed.
Well there you go folks not available to us.
Stevey, definetly let us know how the USB install goes and how long it takes. Let us know if it is a self install or the dealer has to partake it the process.

· Registered
15 Posts
I would definitely consider an update if it would offer a software improvement to show full song and artest titles and enable bluetooth email messaging similar to other Lexus navigation systems.

Had a due bill for my 2012 CPO and they gave me a 2013 RX350 loaner. Synced my phone and whenever I received an email on my Blackberry, the message popped up on the display and with a click of a button the system read the email to me while I was driving. It even offered a reply function....awesome!

· Registered
33 Posts
Got the drive today.. Unfortunately, it only contains two text files. My guess is the dealer has the map software itself and it must be applied with the key on the drive. Guess I have to shell out another chunk of change to get the dealer to install it. Dumb.

· Registered
324 Posts
Got the drive today.. Unfortunately, it only contains two text files. My guess is the dealer has the map software itself and it must be applied with the key on the drive. Guess I have to shell out another chunk of change to get the dealer to install it. Dumb.
Keep us posted on how everything went. See if your dealer will discount the install, nothing lost in trying.

· Registered
33 Posts
Called the dealer.. they want $75 to install.. not willing to pay that much for them to hook up a usb hard drive to my car. I'll wait until my next service and ask politely for them to install it while they change my oil or something.

· Registered
200 Posts
Around Washington, D.C. there have been several new roads made the past few years, especially one major project the inter county connector. Although the road has been operational for over a year it did not make the update. I don't know why they are so slow to pick up these things. Maybe in 2013, but not for this update.
2011 CT premium, Navigation, Starfire Pearl.

· Registered
33 Posts
Finally got a chance to get to the dealer to get the update installed. I haven't noticed much, if any difference. They definitely didn't know what they were doing because they tried to just plug the key into the USB port and update. Took them about three hours to get everything finished. I was told a firmware date was required on the car before they could install the NAV update, but they did that at no charge. Cost me about $60 in labor.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.