Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there were a couple different options from bamboo to striated graphite (pictured below)

Hood Grille Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Gear shift Window

Edit: I think I found a picture of the striated? It looks to be on the preface lifted ct.
Car Speedometer Vehicle Gear shift Automotive tire

Does anyone have any of these and have pictures? Curious to see how they look "real world" and not a photo shoot picture...etc. I do like the striated graphite pictured above. Seems to look nicer to me than the stock F-sport trim.

-Nigel

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just finishing wrapping all the silver trim on the dash with a black suede along with that peice. The spray glue left marks so ill redo it. For a while i was considering that teak wood for a bit of pop. Still on the fence with it though

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just finishing wrapping all the silver trim on the dash with a black suede along with that peice. The spray glue left marks so ill redo it. For a while i was considering that teak wood for a bit of pop. Still on the fence with it though
Post some pics for us!

oh.... I like that a lot! It brings some warmth to the interior of the cabon... Now I'm rethinking the above and possibly going bamboo if I could fine it.

Nice!

I also might wrap the current piece that I have to the 3m ebony wood grain. Looks different but sort of lexus like:

Wood Rectangle Gas Font Composite material

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Radio

And being such a small piece it might be nice.

-Nigel

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
430 Posts
The bamboo looks nice, but it's the only piece that color on the whole car, so it's a bit odd. I did ebony wood grain in my previous Lexus and that looked great.

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wrapped mine last night. Came out really well. Looks way better than the stupid F-Sport trim piece that is also just wrapped from the factory. Not sure why they choose such an ugly design.

Pictures of stock piece, then newly wrapped piece. I'll be doing the door switch panels this week/weekend. I think it will make the interior look slightly nicer and less plasticky... Maybe the center console area though it might look odd then going up to the raidio gear shifter and being plastic again.. We'll see how much material I have left.

Stock F-sport sticker mess..lol
Wood Bumper Soil Rectangle Automotive exterior

Of all of prints out there and they have this goofy one.
Hand Sleeve Wood Gesture Finger

Wrap job from the factory.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Finger

New Stuff: 3m Ebony Metallic wood
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Floor Flooring

Table Rectangle Textile Sleeve Wood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Grille

Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting

I'll get pictures of it in natural lighting when it goes outside soon. Overhead lighting doesn't make it look great and it looks completely different in person. Overall though I am very pleased with it, seems to pull the lexus trim color out and blend well.

-Nigel

·
Super Moderator
430 Posts
Well, from that one picture there at the end, that looks absolutely fantastic! What a lovely color. I think I'd clear coat over it if it were mine, to get a deeper shine and gloss. But that should look good all over, wherever you can do it.

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to test clear coat on a piece and see how it turns out. I wouldn't mind the shine to be honest. I'll have to pick up some Spraymax 2k clear.

I did one of the passenger side trims. I'll do the other tonight, then the front trims rest of the week/weekend. I like it a lot better. It does pull the goldish/silverish trim together in real life which is nice.

Hand tool Wood Tool Blade Household hardware

Wood Table Eyewear Tableware Hardwood

Car Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Vehicle

Automotive design Car Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Auto part

-Nigel

·
Super Moderator
430 Posts
It does pull the goldish/silverish trim together in real life which is nice.
It really does! I've never seen anything like that in a car before, but it really works.
Spraymax 2k clear.
That's what I used on mine years ago when I did carbon fiber vinyl on my switches like you're doing. Here is the affect/difference. The middle two have the clear:

Hand Hood Input device Automotive lighting Guitar accessory

Here is the completed project. It just gave it a subtle shine/gloss so it didn't look so flat and ... vinyl-y. While toning it a bit darker and deeper with more of a contrast (the comparison picture above doesn't show the effect or do it justice).

Vehicle Steering part Car Plant Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Synthetic rubber Material property Tints and shades Composite material Font

Ultimately though, I ended up replacing these with a "dash kit" of thicker rubbery pieces. I got mine in "Ebony Zebra Wood" so it was a full on gray/black look without any warmth or color to it like yours has. While I liked mine, I love yours more.

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Font Bumper

Glasses Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Gadget

This was one of the last mods I did to the IS300 before getting rid of it. I've had an eye to do it again in the CT, but haven't pulled the trigger. So I'm definitely interested in what you're working on.

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like that zebra ebony wood look! Looks really nice to me honestly, very pretty. I do like the look of it cleared seeing your pictures. I will have to do a couple test pieces once I get it. I'd be super annoyed spraying a window switch to have it turn out like ass then have to wrap it again..hahahah I'll order it today and hopefully get it next week. I don't think they can ship anything aerosol other than ground shipping so I won't get it by this weekend. But that will at least give me time to to finish the other 3 window switch panels. I have to find how to remove the passenger front side. That bar is in the way, so I'll have to remove the handle grip again but didn't look closely on seeing if the handle has to be removed completely or if that bar gets in the way.

Just little details that make the interior a lot nicer looking. I'm pretty sure I am removing the tint from the car since it's suntek 50%.. it's extremely deceiving when you look at it. From the outside depending on lighting conditions it's dark, you can't even see the inside seats. Then when you park in a sunny area you can clearly see in. When I am inside it doesn't seem dark at all to me and I feel like I'm in a fish bowl..lol All my other cars are 20% but none of them have an all black interior. I was thinking of doing 35% but my STi is that and although it's nice, I've said since day one when I got it that I should have gone darker. Almost positive I'm probably going to do 20%. Darker tint on a white car looks good to me. We'll see, that will be added to the "spring stuff to do" llist.

-Nigel

·
Super Moderator
430 Posts
The zebra ebony wood definitely looks good, since I was going for a black/gunmetal dark grey theme, and it was a great option to the overdone carbon fiber, more luxury instead of sporty I guess. As you can see from mine, the "finger pocket" was also left out both times, so you doing it that way was the right choice. I just cleared straight over the parts after installing the vinyl (including the finger pockets), it probably helps it remain bonded. I know that passenger side comes off, I feel like there's a DIY or video out there somewhere if needed.

I don't have any tint on mine (yet) but I had 35% on the IS. For whatever reason though, the windows do look naturally dark/tinted on the CT. So I'm wondering if I'll even bother with tint. Both cars had black interior, but the CT windows are smaller. Maybe the glass is already factory tinted a little.

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finished the other pieces. This time I had the finger pockets wrapped so we'll see which one I like honestly. This looks more complete and less abrupt without seeing the black plastic but if it ends of lifting anywhere is going to be easy enough to cut/trim it completely off so it matches the rear left passenger one that doesn't have the finger pocket wrapped..etc. Not too concerned with it at the moment.

I'm debating if I want to do the door handle trim pieces now. I don't want to over do it but might try one and see how it looks.

I just hate feeling like I'm in a fish bowl. It's more that I don't want people to see me inside the car..lol. All of the cars I have are 20% and I like knowing that people aren't gawking in at me...haha

Finished pics:

Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Font

Wood Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Flooring

Wood Blade Font Metal Musical instrument accessory

Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

Automotive design Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I wish Lexus would stop using chrome...lol. It just clashes to me with everything. I'd love for the door handles to be some type of satin finish or something but oh well.

I'll have to take some pics of everything in the daylight and not in the garage.

-Nigel

·
Super Moderator
430 Posts
Ah nice, you managed to get the finger pockets covered. You have a lot more patience and skill for that than I do lol. My first thought though when I saw it was that it looks weird for the "wood grain" look to just abruptly turn down like that, when wood is normally flat. But either way, it looks good and certainly is interesting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts