Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have this feeling that in the next year or two Lexus will introduce the CT300H with the new 2012 Camry Hybrid engine that puts our 200hp and delivers the same milage as today's CT200h. Anbody else who is waiting for their car to get delivered having second thoughts???

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sometimes you just have to jump in the pool to get wet. You can't keep waiting forever.

·
Registered
516 Posts
besides, it's kind of cool having it the first year its out...and gas is very high now...in a year or two, it might be less

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Seriously. This. ^^

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can't see Lexus turning around and backstabbing us early adopters by releasing a CT with a new drivetrain ANYTIME before at least 2013/2014.
Backstabbing? Really? I fully expect to see a CT300h for the '13 model year. The drivetrain wasn't ready until just this fall. I think that Lexus will offer the CT200h at current pricing and the CT300h starting at $35k. I don't expect the CT300h to get the same gas mileage rating as the Camry hybrid, either, just as the CT200h doesn't get the same milage as the Prius despite having the same drivetrain and being a smaller car.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree with Quentin. Much like with other Lexus models, I would expect both versions to be available. This is consistent with what Lexus currently offers in their model lineup. You have the choice of the entry-level, smaller engine version and the more powerful, more expensive versions. IS250/350/F, GS350/450h, LS460/600hL, RX350/450h. I would be shocked if the CT200h would not stick around beside the CT300h to accommodate those who prefer optimal fuel economy or more power.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just have this feeling that in the next year or two Lexus will introduce the CT300H with the new 2012 Camry Hybrid engine that puts our 200hp and delivers the same mileage as today's CT200h. Anybody else who is waiting for their car to get delivered having second thoughts???
If you keep worrying about the "what ifs" you become paralyzed and never get anything. Next year's computer will be faster than this year's model. The next television will be thinner.
You save a lot of money because you never buy anything new.
Just go for it and don't worry about tomorrow.

CT200h premium, Starfire pearl, Navigation

·
Registered
239 Posts
Really? You believe oil will become significantly cheaper in the future?
Yeah, to be honest oil could drop back to $2/gallon where it was at in 2008 before the current administration came in.

They banned drilling for oil in the gulf for 6 months, the courts shot it down, they did it anyway.

After 2012, things may change very significantly, and I'm betting one of the things that will be done to boost the economy is to open up massive amounts of drilling in the US. In the gulf, in Alaska, and much more natural gas.

An increase in supply will result in a decrease in price, even with increased demand around the world.

But, that's only a possibility of what might happen. Oil prices have gone down before, and just maybe, they will again.

·
Registered
441 Posts
cc's will come with $$

Hi guys,
I think the CT300h will supplement the range at a premium price to the CT200h, but it won't replace the CT200h. It won't worry me, I am finding the power of the CT200h perfectly adequate.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sometimes you just have to jump in the pool to get wet. You can't keep waiting forever.
+1

Picked up my CT from Cheltenham, England on Wednesday - after just 2 and a bit days I'm glad I made the switch too instead of waiting even longer. It's one hell of a car and a lot better than the Focus ST it replaced.

But - I agree with CT300h, won't be that long before it comes out. Something will be needed for competition against things like the Volt. I was happy to pay a little extra for Guaranteed Future Value PCP finance on my CT as that will open up options for switching the CT200h to a CT300h in 3 years when the finance finishes.

PS 2700k Intel chip coming soon ! Lol - Do I wait, or do I upgrade now ? My current PC struggles too much with Deus Ex ;) I think I upgrade sooner as it gives me an excuse to drive the CT up and down the motorway for a while :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts