Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
New to this forum but not my CT (had one for 7 years). I do not drive as much as I used to for last 2.5 years (Remote job) and my car is not happy. Especially not in Florida where the heat is bad on batteries in general. Has anyone heard or know of any kind of trickle system or anything I could fake it out to pretend it's regenerating? I know that sounds weird but it's either this or sell it. I've already had battery sadness because of lack of driving (it was so happy when I commuted 65 miles a day).

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
314 Posts
Yeah mine sits too much and has died too many times, the 12v battery is completely worthless now. I just hook up another battery in the trunk when I need the car, since I don't drive it much either and a new 12v battery is very expensive and would just die too. But, you can get a trickle charging system, they are very common these days on Amazon and the like.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
314 Posts
I've never had any issues with the hybrid/traction battery. I've never heard of anyway to maintain that. I wonder if yours is needing replacement, since it's pretty old by now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi everyone,
New to this forum but not my CT (had one for 7 years). I do not drive as much as I used to for last 2.5 years (Remote job) and my car is not happy. Especially not in Florida where the heat is bad on batteries in general. Has anyone heard or know of any kind of trickle system or anything I could fake it out to pretend it's regenerating? I know that sounds weird but it's either this or sell it. I've already had battery sadness because of lack of driving (it was so happy when I commuted 65 miles a day).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts