Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my 2012 nebula gray next week. Very excited. Has anyone found a substitute for the lack of cup holders in the back?

Only concern at the moment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I give the people in back the middle cup holders and I use the one in the door. Simple solution : ) I know it kinda sucks that the back doesn't have cup holders but I rarely have back seat passengers so It doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What's with this obsession with cup holders? Is that a Northern American thing? Do you all get into your cars holding a cup?

·
Registered
842 Posts
What's with this obsession with cup holders? Is that a Northern American thing? Do you all get into your cars holding a cup?
Apparently two or three cups per person. I agree. They really advertise the number of cup holders. I think there is one Chrysler product with double figures (more than 9) and they really brag on that. They ignore the miserable reliability experiences of their purchasers. Heck, maybe they are right. Talk about what works for you. I only use cup holders when on long trips, except as a place to put a screwdriver or small part that I had left over the last time I worked on my car until I figure out where it belongs.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm always sipping on a glass of water when in the car. The doc says I need more water, so there's my solution.

I won't apologize for being American or using my cup-holders. =]

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm always sipping on a glass of water when in the car. The doc says I need more water, so there's my solution.

I won't apologize for being American or u

Isn't it hard to drive from the back seat of your car?

Seriously, I had a 2010 Prius V with two excellent cup holders for almost two years. I traded it in a couple of weeks ago. The rear cupholders were never used. In the CT200H, I think it is even less likely due to the tighter space.

I wish they had some, but I doubt that I will go looking for any. On the other hand, if someone finds a great solution, let us all know.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
There have been couple people planning building a customized rear fold-able middle armrest from the seat with cupholders. Tried searching but no pics up yet.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I just don't understand why Lexus didn't make a foldable middle section with cup holders in the rear.
Its a very stupid decision IMO.

And the more cup holders the merrier lol
My Altima had 9 in total, and I LOVED that about the car.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I don't get this obsession with cup holders. I didn't buy a car to hold a drink, I bought it to enjoy the driving experience.
Why not enjoy a nice cold refreshing drink while enjoying the driving experience as well lol

And plus, what if people in the back have cups, they will have nowhere to put it.
Then they might put it on the ground, and it might tip over, and make a big mess.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I picked up a dual cup holder from Pep Boys that sits on the floor between the rear seats. It fits perfect and has other storage compartments. Also, can just lift and remove if a 3rd person is sitting in the backseat.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Can you please post a picture of it when you get a chance?

I picked up a dual cup holder from Pep Boys that sits on the floor between the rear seats. It fits perfect and has other storage compartments. Also, can just lift and remove if a 3rd person is sitting in the backseat.

·
Registered
609 Posts
TerminBR: I've been going to ask but I didn't want to upset our American friends.
Well the cup holders have a lot to do with fast food and unlimited fountain drinks. When you walk out of a fast food place either with your kids or coworkers, everyone would be carrying a cup. Not having cup holders in the back would mean risk of spilling in the back seats.

And I am serious too. Whenever it was the person's turn to drive out for lunch and if his/her car does not have cup holders in the back, the people seating in the back would actually not take their cups to go. They don't want to risk spilling the drinks.

I don't care too much about not having cup holders in the back because if it discourage my coworkers from bringing drinks into my car.. all the better! My kid is still in a booster seat and it has a cup holder built in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts