Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
430 Posts
This is actually a very good discussion, and I'm glad you thought of it. Since as you know, I was almost entirely set on doing exactly this, with getting some JDM lights for the white reflector to use it in my lights. But I didn't, since it would have been a huge cost for no real reason, and I really wanted it to look stock and not be "illegal". Now I'm glad I didn't go that option, since I never even thought of it. Of course, I thought the LEDs were white under the orange reflector lol. Didn't find out until I opened them. But you can even see the difference on the orange vs white. The orange has a "strip" of clearer area where there is no reflector, so the LEDs can shine out. The white/clear version is just solid reflector.

Since you have inspections, I would double check first about the orange reflector. I've never had any trouble with eliminating reflectors before on any part of the vehicle, but I'm in MD where we don't have the inspections. But even when I'd get pulled over for other things, nobody ever gave me any issue with reflectors. I always changed ambers to white, or just removed add-on reflector lights entirely.

On the MB there's actually zero amber at all in the actual headlight itself, only on the side bumper. A lot of German cars are like this. Porsche especially with having no amber at all in their headlights, strictly on the front/side bumper..
Yes, that's because amber is not required in Euro spec. So, it is easier for them (as euro-centered auto maker) to just put some add-on lights on the bumper for USA.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
430 Posts
I might have a couple sets made just incase someone wants to buy a pair.
I'll have it in mind to get a pair if there are extras and it works out. I was immediately miffed with my set of head lights because I put in the M-LED 2.0 right before the upgraded the projector lens to have the blue tint. And since nothing lasts forever, I figure I'll be opening the lights eventually for some reason. So if that happens, then I'd have the clear reflectors on hand to put in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts