Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by my dealer that the car I just ordered would arrive in 2012 model and there seems only the year difference. I doubt it, but could not tell the truth. Is it only the year in difference?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here. My dealer said possible price increase. All else the same. Has anyone heard any rumors about colors? Hoping the electric blue come to the US.

When did your dealer say to expect delivery?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
SAME including Price

The Tsumani cut the 2011 production run short; there will no changes for 2012. Whoever told you a price increase was hoping, but they are wrong.
The CT is one of the Toyota/Lexus car lines that WILL NOT have a price increase.

See this article: Toyota Hikes U.S. Prices on Most Models — Except 2012 Lexus LFA

Read down: Several models are exempt from the price increases. They include the 2011 Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Yaris sedan, Scion tC, Scion xB, and Lexus CT 200h, as well as the Lexus LFA. :) :)

Now what I do believe IMHO is the CT has turned out to be much more popular that Lexus had ever planned and they are increasing production and trying to satisfy the demand.

In future years 2013 and on , you will probably see some changes. There also will probably be a performance model; one speculated name is CT300h.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I remember in one of the other threads on this someone had mentioned a new interface on the Nav screen (Most likely just the looks of it, not function)

·
Registered
245 Posts
No way the 2012 will be exactly the same. That's just not Lexus. Tail lights, minor interior tweak, color...something will be different.

One of our Canadian friends here already posted that he was told by his dealer the Granite color was being replaced with Mercury Gray. I read that on the Club Lexus forum as well.

Look at this brochure that someone posted earlier. Makes me wonder if it's not the 2012 brochure. Keep in mind not all markets get all options.

http://www.lexus.com.hk/Images/CT200h_ebrochure_2011_tcm240-183234.pdf

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Hong Kong - gets more colors

No way the 2012 will be exactly the same. That's just not Lexus. Tail lights, minor interior tweak, color...something will be different.

One of our Canadian friends here already posted that he was told by his dealer the Granite color was being replaced with Mercury Gray. I read that on the Club Lexus forum as well.

Look at this brochure that someone posted earlier. Makes me wonder if it's not the 2012 brochure. Keep in mind not all markets get all options.

http://www.lexus.com.hk/Images/CT200h_ebrochure_2011_tcm240-183234.pdf
Looks like Hong Kong gets more colors and a longer warranty 5 years and 10 years on hybrid system - nice. We will see if there are any changes in the USA for 2012 , besides the year manufactured :rolleyes:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes, and if you look closely, mercury gray looks exactly like our existing gray.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Yes, and if you look closely, mercury gray looks exactly like our existing gray.
Dirvin, You might be right. I did find a shirt by Columbia in Daybreak Yellow Mica ; It looked as good as the car :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Well, knowing Lexus, there most likely WON'T be changes, especially since the 2011 was JUST released back in March. That's because they're very consistent with model lineups for at least 2-3 years. The IS and RX lines didn't get any major changes except software between 1-2 model years, but we'll see!

·
Registered
21 Posts
There will be minor cosmetic changes, but overall the CT will probably be no exterior changes. Lexus may offer a F Sport package for 2012. I may order the F Sport grille and the rims to personalize my CT. When I brought my IS250 in 2008, there were minor changes to the car from 2009-2011 like updates HDD Nav, turn signal lights, new steering wheel, and the F Sport package. The CT is a unique car that does not look like a Prius, but is eco friendly and drives lilke a sport car. If you own a CT, you are a special person that cares about the environment.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dirvin, You might be right. I did find a shirt by Columbia in Daybreak Yellow Mica ; It looked as good as the car :rolleyes:
While I was looking for something a couple of weeks ago, I saw what I believed to be the new US colors for 2012, there were 9. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly where or what I was looking for at the time. I was struck, however, by the fact that Daybreak Yellow Mica was still there (my dealer thought that it would be gone after the first year), but it was now called "Chromium Yellow Mica". The color code was still 5B1, so still daybreak yellow! Actually, I think that I was trying to get an update on when my touch up will be available at the time. Not Yet!! :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, knowing Lexus, there most likely WON'T be changes, especially since the 2011 was JUST released back in March. That's because they're very consistent with model lineups for at least 2-3 years. The IS and RX lines didn't get any major changes except software between 1-2 model years, but we'll see!
Correct. No major changes but the The 2007 IS added a Shark Fin Antenna while the first model 2006 didn't have it. Could be major to some people. :)

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
There will be minor cosmetic changes, but overall the CT will probably be no exterior changes. Lexus may offer a F Sport package for 2012. I may order the F Sport grille and the rims to personalize my CT. When I brought my IS250 in 2008, there were minor changes to the car from 2009-2011 like updates HDD Nav, turn signal lights, new steering wheel, and the F Sport package. The CT is a unique car that does not look like a Prius, but is eco friendly and drives lilke a sport car. If you own a CT, you are a special person that cares about the environment.
ct4mn, what is the source of your information when you say "There will be minor cosmetic changes ..." :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
For the Canadian market:

Mercury Grey will be replacing Smokey Granite (different colour code)

Pkg Addition:
F-Sport Pkg (premium package plus) F-Sport Steering wheel, F-Sport wheels, F-Sport centre wheel ornament, F-Sport leather seat surfaces, F-Sport rear spoiler, F-Sport front grill, F-Sort scuff plates, metal look interior trim, front and rear performance dampers, and aluminium sport pedals with rubber inserts.

The addition of Ultrsonic Blue as a colour option (F-Sport pkg only).

The CT packages not equipped with GPS will have a storage compartment in it's location complete with a power source. (I believe a 12V source)

All CT packages will be equipped with a low speed exterior warranting system that emmits sound for pedestrians.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For the Canadian market:

Pkg Addition:
F-Sport Pkg (premium package plus) F-Sport Steering wheel, F-Sport wheels, F-Sport centre wheel ornament, F-Sport leather seat surfaces, F-Sport rear spoiler, F-Sport front grill, F-Sort scuff plates, metal look interior trim, front and rear performance dampers, and aluminium sport pedals with rubber inserts.

The CT packages not equipped with GPS will have a storage compartment in it's location complete with a power source. (I believe a 12V source)

All CT packages will be equipped with a low speed exterior warranting system that emmits sound for pedestrians.
amazing update!

The sound for pedestrians is interesting; can't wait to hear it :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
The sound for pedestrians is interesting; can't wait to hear it :cool:
Not sure what Toyota/Lexus will do.. but my friend works for Hyundai.. he took me for a spin in a new Sonata Hybrid.. he asked me what I thought of the pedestrian warning sound. I told him I couldnt hear it. He turned if off and back on and then I noticed the sound. The sound it makes sounds like what you would think an electric-powered car sounds like.. a high frequency "electric" humming. With it off, it was pretty much silent.

·
Registered
245 Posts
For the Canadian market:

Now that scares me. Hope it's not some Mickey Mouse sound.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For the Canadian market:

Pkg Addition:

in another thread, they mentioned that the prius had the same sounds for pedestrians that can be turned off, is it the same for the ct200h? can it be turned off?

now i wish i wasnt waitin for the 2012 model and got the 2011

1 - 20 of 22 Posts