Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Even with a relay, I am getting misfires on one headlight.
I am getting tired of dealing with this cheap kensun kit, and am hoping for a better solution.

Is there any sort of consensus on what is a solid HID kit to buy?
I am looking to buy one and install it before the winter.

Also, I see that places sell relays, error cancellers, canbus bypass devices etc..
Would any of these help with my situation?

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey hdave,
My recommendation is the Morimoto kit from retrofitsource.
I have the standard Morimoto Elite kit 3Five Ballasts, using the can-bus (makes it easier to plug and play), withe XB35 11b bulbs 5000k. These are solid. Just look at all the reviews. I am pretty happy. It is important to use those bulbs and not the standard 3Fives because of the return wire position.
check out by blog entry here:
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/blogs/cdog/66-my-hid-installation-morimoto-elite-3five-ballasts-paired-xb35-h11b-5000k-bulbs.html

good luck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used the HID kit plus relay from Xenon Supply - easy to install and has worked perfectly for over a month now. 4300k lights with the slim digital ballasts - love it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use the Xenon Supply kit with premium regular size ballasts. I upgraded the low beam fuses from 10 to 20 amps and get 100% firing of both headlights. With 10 amp fuses, the driver side would not ignite 40-50% of the time. With 15 amp fuse, ignition misfire only occurred 10% of the time. So far on 20 amp fuses, it works great without the need for a relay harness. I have a harness but I did not want to clutter my fuse box and engine bay with additional aftermarket wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts