Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you disconnected the battery
And waited 10 min to clear the memory?
I didnt clear the memory, but I did have Gasket Masters come out. Just as I suspected there was a small crack in the head gasket between cylinders 1 and 2. I’m glad I caught it in time and I’m happy to know that the engine will last another 120k.
I love this little car so much and I still plan on keeping it for the next 10 years or more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also wanted to add that I plan on installing an OCC as well. I didn’t think these cars needed it, but they really do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m in the same boat as you. I purchased the car new and have taken meticulous care of this car. You’re head gasket needs to be replaced. I replaced all my spark plugs and coil packs, didn’t fix the issue. I cleaned out the EGR system and changed the PCV; still no fix. I called the Gasket Masters and they will be here on Monday. They are going to tear apart the engine, replace the head gasket and all the other gaskets, change plugs, oil change and radiator flush, and replace anything that needs to be, all for less than $2000 (and I mean a lot less).
Sucks that this happened, but at least you know you’re not alone. Here’s to another 140k miles!
Clogged inlet manifold? Must be removed
And cleaned.
Any traces of coolant into oil?
Under oil filler?
Leakage of coolant and frequent topping?
If no it's probably not the gasket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Clogged inlet manifold? Must be removed
And cleaned.
Any traces of coolant into oil?
Under oil filler?
Leakage of coolant and frequent topping?
If no it's probably not the gasket.
It was the gasket. I had it replaced and I kept the old one. I never lost coolant or oil, I caught the problem before it became worse thanks to this forum, the Prius forums, and google. Paid Gasket Masters $1750, they came to my house, changed oil and coolant, put in a new EGR cooler, PCV, and new head bolts and gaskets. My intake mani, TB, and EGR line were already cleaned by myself and were still clean. They put in new plugs even though I had just put new ones in like 3 weeks ago with new coil packs.
Even if the Head Gasket wasn’t cracked, I would’ve had them change it. I feel much more confident that the car will last another 120k after everything was looked at and replaced. They finished the job in like 3 hours too.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts