Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!!
I put my deposit down on an inbound Premium Starfire with Black Nuluxe (w/illum. door sills) at the beginning of March and the vehicle made it to the port in California a couple of weeks ago.

I've enjoyed reading new owners initial experiences and seeing the activity on this forum. Seems like a diverse and great group of folks.

I went through allot of cars in my younger days, making what I felt were tasteful modifications (suspension, wheels, shaving emblems etc..) and I'm anxious to see how long my 'maturity' / patience holds out before I want to update a few things on the CT...:D

Thanks.
JG

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome JG, always good to have another Texan join us. I think my CT was on the same ship.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks D, my salesman said there were quite a few stuck in customs?

Because of this forum I've got a nice little checklist building of things to check for and request be disabled, activated etc... at the time of pickup. I'm sure I could do allot of them myself, but hey... while I'm there - why not have them knock it out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Same here. Where you from. Waco Here. Deal with Sewell in Ft. Worth.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Austin. I called Sewell in Ft. Worth and tried to make a deal on their Starfire / Caramel demo, but they couldn't sell or exchange it at the time. That was my #1 color combo choice (TexasEx and all) with black being a close second.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks D, my salesman said there were quite a few stuck in customs?
What are they doing, checking for radiation? Just turn the lights out and see if they glow. lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome PoMexcan... (I cracked up when I saw your screen name) It's tooo funny.
I know you are excited. I see you are going to be my fraternal twin soon. Congrats! ;-)

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
YAY! Congrats! Welcome to the CT family!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congratulations I just received a call from my dealer with vin # and projected date april17-20 can't wait

Buffalo ct owner almost
Starfire pearl / nuluxe carmel

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone - I wish I had a VIN and a target date.... maybe Monday.

The screen name has been with since the late 90's on several forums - I'm considering heading over to MyPlates.com...

Hey - Hey Gurl, I know we're not in the peak Texas summer months yet, but how's the 35% tint working for you? I was thinking of going 30% in the rears and 35% on the fronts b/c of the black interior.

Baxter57 - I'm jealous of that interior... Depending on how the nuluxe holds up I may still consider a caramel/burnt orange colored leather from leatherseats.com down the road. I've installed their kits on three of my earlier cars and was very happy with the fit and durability.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paid for and took delivery yesterday. I'm very happy... While I would have loved the caramel interior, I think the black will be fine. Got 35% tint on the fronts and 30% on the rest of the car.

Demand is apparently very strong here in Austin... had a couple of offers as I was getting my orientation and again when I was loading up the car seat... My sales guy said he had to keep several people out of it while I was on my way to pick it up...

Averaging 44.9... much better than the 17-18 I was getting in my previous daily driver.

bumperplugs.com will be my first stop...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Congrats PoMexcan! (that name cracks me up)

I would have loved the caramel too. Oh well.... The black looks good too. Another one of my twins. ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts