Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Another app to disable the reverse beep and seat belt chime

19K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  o_tomodo 
#1 ·
So, I have been looking around for a way to disable the reverse beep and seat belt chime.
I found carista, but I'm in Canada and with our conversion rates, it's $26.
I find that extremely expensive to do just the 2 things I want.

So, I found this app called Prius tweak. It's for the 10+ Prius.
I emailed the creator and asked if he knew if it was possible for the app to work on the Ct200h.
He wasn't sure, but allowed me to test it out.
It's not able to do everything carista is able to do, as it only does the beep for reverse and the seat belts, but that's all I wanted.

Prius tweak is $1.82 on the Canadian Google Play.

Of course, like torque and carista, you will need a bluetooth obd2 dongle for the app to work.

Hope this helps someone else who doesn't need all the features carista provides, at lower cost.

#3 ·
From what I've read, the dealers seem to do a one time for free.
There are also stories on the forum of dealers charging $65 (US) for this service.

I also just got my car less than 3 weeks ago, so I'm a ways off before the car will be going in for an oil change.
The dealer is also an hour away from me.
Lastly, I plan on adding a few things to the car, which will require me to disconnect the battery, and if it's anything like my 06 Prius, the car will revert back to enabling these back to on.
So, I like being able to do it.

#4 ·
I'm just paranoid enough to not want to give any third party software access to my car's computer through the USB port. In all those news stories about cars being taken over and controlled remotely, it's my understanding that was only possible by first installing physically through the USB. Like installing on any computer, there can be unintentional tag-a-longs. I do want my backup beeps stopped, but will have dealer do it, hopefully free.

#7 ·
These apps use a bluetooth or wifi dongle to allow the app to communicate over the OBD-II port. Once you remove the dongle, there's no way for any connection to the car to be made.

#14 ·
July 31 2018 worked! No more backup or seatbelt beeps purchased elm 327 obd2 Bluetooth dongle from eBay for $9.99. had to connect Bluetooth in the app, and then check all the boxes, and then uncheck all the boxes in order to get beeps to stop. took me awhile to figure out and I drove around the block while doing it with a passenger.

#16 ·
^ Dr. Prius/Hybrid app. It reviews most adapters that best for the app. Need to buy an OBD2 connector (Bluetooth). It also test hybrid battery but have to buy the app 12.99. The demo version will allow you to turn those chimes off. Tbh thats all I needed to do. I A 2014 CT so hybrid battery still under warranty if there was a problem lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.