Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Did you install this same unit?
I picked up this unit on alibaba. I have the OEM unit and there is very little power, so the speakers and sub don’t sound as good as they could be.
My concern with the volume is that this is really my wife’s car, but she has me drive her whenever I am able to. So she she needs access to the volume from the passenger side, more than the steering controls.

· Registered
12 Posts
I picked up this unit on alibaba. I have the OEM unit and there is very little power, so the speakers and sub don’t sound as good as they could be.
My concern with the volume is that this is really my wife’s car, but she has me drive her whenever I am able to. So she she needs access to the volume from the passenger side, more than the steering controls.
All your steering controls are working as well? Mind sharing a pic?

I was going to hold off on attempting to upgrade the head unit, but the Bluetooth is such garbage and so complicated on the OEM unit that i thinki need to prioritize replacing it.

It it's just a matter of remove and replace and steering controls work, i think I'm sold.

· Registered
81 Posts
All your steering controls are working as well? Mind sharing a pic?

I was going to hold off on attempting to upgrade the head unit, but the Bluetooth is such garbage and so complicated on the OEM unit that i thinki need to prioritize replacing it.

It it's just a matter of remove and replace and steering controls work, i think I'm sold.
I was able to install the HU and I'm super impressed. The audio is incredible, Carplay and bluetooth work well. The steering wheel functions work and you can set them up however you like. I'm still trying to figure out how to play music from my phone by connecting it through USB and I need to hook up the Aux to see how that functions. I really only wanted Carplay and a better sound stage so I'm happy overall.

· Registered
5 Posts
Thank you guys for sharing your experiences. I think I am in the same boat as Osuwari -- replaced speakers and added an amp and it still feels like the sound should be better. But based on your comments I am optimistic this could work. Did you both purchase from Alibaba? I was under the impression AliExpress is more appropriate for consumers / individual units -- this would be shipping to the US. Anyone know if this is the same product, and would it be better to purchase here?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thank you guys for sharing your experiences. I think I am in the same boat as Osuwari -- replaced speakers and added an amp and it still feels like the sound should be better. But based on your comments I am optimistic this could work. Did you both purchase from Alibaba? I was under the impression AliExpress is more appropriate for consumers / individual units -- this would be shipping to the US. Anyone know if this is the same product, and would it be better to purchase here?
That looks to be the same radio. It is the same brand that I purchased.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts