Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new android radio for my 2013 F sport. I also have the 10 speaker premium system. Everything works perfectly and now I have Carplay. I installed the head unit first and it worked with the factory amplifier. The only thing that did not work was the fader.

Once I knew everything worked good I replaced the amp and front speakers for some sony three-way components. I am still using the stock rear speakers for now. The sub is a JL slim box with a JL JX500 amp. The amp and sub were installed years ago but I removed the LCI2 as it is no longer needed.

If anyone is interested I can take more photos or videos of how it's working.

Link to head unit and some photos below.

Plant Car Gear shift Satellite radio Vehicle

Hood Trunk Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Trunk

Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Vehicle Gadget
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2015 CT200h base silver lining
23 Posts
Looks awesome! Was that “Lexus” just below the frame part of the stock radio? I have a 2015 base without the navigation screen and was wondering if a nav/stereo screen could fit in the space where the radio is?

·
Registered
13' CT with 17' F Sport Rear
124 Posts
This makes sense for people that don’t have navigation in their car stock, for people that have the screen from factory this doesn’t make any sense. Looks nice though, usually the Chinese head units I’ve dealt with sucked.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This makes sense for people that don’t have navigation in their car stock, for people that have the screen from factory this doesn’t make any sense. Looks nice though, usually the Chinese head units I’ve dealt with sucked.
Yes…I was not a fan of the on dash screens post 2013 (I liked the earlier flip-ups) so i chose a my 2015 no screen specifically.
This type of center console screen seems to be a great option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, what a super clean install on all of those parts! That is the nicest looking aftermarket head unit I've seen on these cars ever.
So far this android 10 unit has been working perfectly. They seemed to have worked out all the bugs from the older PX6 units. Just for reference this is the newer UIS7862 processor.

I agree this is best if you do not have the navigation screen already. I could not find any aftermarket headunits that fit properly. I have had many android units in the past in other vehicles and they have come along way. So far I haven’t had any issues with this one. With the limited options and for the price I think it’s a great choice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Made a quick video of the headunit connecting to carplay if anyone is interested.
Hey there…this install really got me inspired, thanks!
Do you think this head unit could fit as yours does and be used with the existing Lexus stock speakers? I think it is much more basic than yours but I think it suits my lesser needs better.
I have zero experience with car audio so any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey there…this install really got me inspired, thanks!
Do you think this head unit could fit as yours does and be used with the existing Lexus stock speakers? I think it is much more basic than yours but I think it suits my lesser needs better.
I have zero experience with car audio so any advice will be appreciated.
The reason I bought this unit is it is the only type that fits the CT200H. The standard double din unit like the Sony XAV-AX1000 you mentioned will not fit without a custom install kit. Even then i have not seen a stock-looking install.

I did have this android unit hooked to the stock speakers before I installed the amp and new speakers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The reason I bought this unit is it is the only type that fits the CT200H. The standard double din unit like the Sony XAV-AX1000 you mentioned will not fit without a custom install kit. Even then i have not seen a stock-looking install.

I did have this android unit hooked to the stock speakers before I installed the amp and new speakers.
Thanks, I had a feeling it wouldn’t work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If installing this unit on a car with the base sound system, will you have to relocate some of the wires like the previous Android HU or is it a simple plug and play?
This was plug-and-play for me, but I have the premium system. I don't see why you would have to relocate some wires on the base sound system. You could message the manufacturer, they are very responsive on alibaba.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts