Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there, I have a customer that is running a non-nav vehicle and has paired her Android phone for media and phone use. When she starts playing her Pandora music app after initially connecting the phone it works great, but as soon as she hits the FM button to listen to the radio for a minute, the audio BT drops and pandora starts playing from her phone. We've tried different connections, uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora, and turned the phone on and off, hah. Is this a common issue, could it be something within the Pandora app that's causing the problem? Thanks for all your help, this is an amazing forum to roam around in!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Actually I think that could be normal. At least that's the case for my iPhone 3G. Unlike the native music player on my phone, Pandora app doesn't seem to think that the lost of the BT connection while music is playing indicates that I want the app to pause or to stop. So if I turn off the car, turn off the audio, or switch to another audio source other than BT, it will start to play Pandora thru the phone speaker.

I guess it is the design of the Pandora app. If you unplug the headphone, it will play thru the speaker. If you disconnect BT, it will play thru the speaker. I usually have my phone speaker volume very low, so a few times I had pandora playing and I stopped the car. I thought it would stop the app, but it doesn't. It will just keep on playing in my pocket and drains the battery dead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey there, I have a customer that is running a non-nav vehicle and has paired her Android phone for media and phone use. When she starts playing her Pandora music app after initially connecting the phone it works great, but as soon as she hits the FM button to listen to the radio for a minute, the audio BT drops and pandora starts playing from her phone. We've tried different connections, uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora, and turned the phone on and off, hah. Is this a common issue, could it be something within the Pandora app that's causing the problem? Thanks for all your help, this is an amazing forum to roam around in!
Check the preferences in Pandora. Be sure that the Automotive Bluetooth is on. When I switch from BT to FM1, Pandora pauses for me.

Keep in mind though, that depending on the phone manufacturer and kernel version, it may not be supported to pause the app.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts