Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made the decision to tint my CT200h. Going with the best recommended film. I don't want it too dark so that it's hard to see out of at night....been there done that before. Going with a product by Huper Optik called the Nanoceramic tint (20%)...double the layers of ceramic and this stuff is supposed to really be much better than regular film at cutting down heat and glare. Here's a recent link I found:

Hüper Optik® Nano Ceramic 20 Chosen as Product of the Year by Renowned Auto Magazine in China

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Huper Optik is one of the most expensive films, but it is also one of the best. You really do get what you pay for!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huper Optik is one of the most expensive films, but it is also one of the best. You really do get what you pay for!
The guy who installs it installs other brands (I think 3M). Regular tint for my car is $150 and going with the HO brand, it is only $225...not too much more and he is a mobile window tinting company. Many people in my office including myself have used him before. I was hearing quotes of Huber Optik from other people who have installed it on their cars of about $350-$400

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
$225 is not bad at all! Lucky...

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
The nice thing is, our antennas aren't built into the rear windscreen like it is in the 2007 IS250. Ceramic does tend to interfere with cellular reception and radio/nav/satellite reception. not as much as metallic films, but there is some noticeable drop out. I don't think it's so much of an issue for our cars since the antenna is externally placed on the roof. I think cell phone reception may change a little for you though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree Huper Optik is one of or maybe even the best film out there. Although tint films are personal preference. You're not going to go wrong with choosing that film. Another to consider maybe Pinnacle. I currently use Pinnacale on all my cars since I fell in love with it a few years ago.

Lastly, this is just my 2 cents, your tint quote is a fair price but I never let anyone tint my car that will tint my car at my place. I always like to take it to a clean shop where the introduction of dust is minimum. The shop that does all my tinting does it in a clean air condition bay. When mobile tinters tint outdoors or in your own garage there are greater chances of dust or other particles contaminating your tint. Just my 2 cents but Im also very anal about my cars.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Its more important to get a quality installer than a quality film.

I agree.....Higher price may not always mean a better installer, but most often their asking prices are higher because they have been around longer and they often have repeat customers who are willing to pay their asking price for good work. I would also make sure they're installing the film they say they are installing. The going rate in the tampa area for huper optik is around $325-$450 for a sedan and theres a $99 tint shop around here every in every corner.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its more important to get a quality installer than a quality film.
I totally disagree with this statement...installer is important but if you use a crappy tint, it may turn purple (cheap dyes) and may bubble pre-maturely...although that problem was more widespread years ago when there were many cheap tints on the market...there are fewer companies today...Llumar is supposed to be pretty good too. A quality installer IS important but good quality film to me is higher on the scale. And as far as a mobile tint shop...I also agree about dust getting in from mobile tinting...the other good thing they do is they have a computer pre-cut the tint for each individual car...so the fit is better. And, what's nice is if there is ever a problem, he comes out to stand behind it. He does all the Porsche's and BMW's at work so for my CT, I guess it's fine.

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts