Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, are there any audio guru here? I need help on installing an amp. I have done it before but with an aftermarket head unit but since I want to keep the HU of my CT, it will be a little bit different because I will use the speaker level input. Anyone know the color of the speaker wires at the back of the HU? Should I just tap those wires and run them to the speaker level input of the amp? Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I won't be much help......but I will share what I know.

-I have the base system and had a professional installer install upgrades. He retained the head unit and used two amps, one for the new subwooofer and one for the remaining speakers, and installed one amp under each seat. He had never even seen a CT200 before, but said he got all the information he needed online. He also said it was good I didn't have the premium system as it would have been harder to do. He replaced the front door speaker with a separate midrange and separate tweeter. The remaining speakers were kept, but sound so crappy he "faded" them out so that they are barely audible, but can be made louder simply by using the front-rear fader on the head unit. Believe me, you don't want 'em on so they are faded all the way off. Again, this doesn't answer your question, but at least it is a start.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
emejay - so how much did that cost you and was it a significant improvement?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would love to hear is anyone is going full custom, or has had an installer opine on how easy it would be to replace the factory radio. Assuming all steering wheel functionality would be lost?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts