Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed (2) ambient blue lights by the homelink buttons. however, the one on the drivers side is never lit. Should it always be lit? I noticed the passenger side is always lit. Never knew they existed until I saw my hand light up when pushing the buttons at night. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There are 2 set of of ambient light. Blue when you drive under 'Normal or ECO' mode. The 'other' ambient light is Red color if you select 'Sports' mode. Can't have both lit at the same time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also noticed when I'm driving in the ECO mode, the blue light on the instrument panel goes out as soon as the needle hits the power portion of the dial, then it comes back on as soon as it drops back to ECO.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The blue light on the instrument panel will go out when in Normal mode as well as soon as the needle hits the power area - it is a way, I suppose, to help train you to go light on the gas pedal.
As a poster from this forum once said "keep it in the blue" really holds true if you want to get the best mpgs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm only 1/2 way through my second tank of gas. I don't drive with too light a foot. So my mileage reading has been about 39 mpg. My old car was an '06 Dodge Magnum R/T. I was getting 13-14 mpg on that car. I just don't know how people are getting number like 50 mpg on these cars. They must be accelerating really slowly and never have to go up any hills. I live in Marietta, GA. We have hils here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had my CT for two weeks. Last week, the dealer actually ordered a replacement overhead consolebecause the left LED didn't light. As soon as I read this topic, I went out and tried it. Yep, the left red LED only lights up in sport mode. I called the dealer and told them the story. I'd rather not have them replace it if there's nothing wrong.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I tested and you're exactly right. I saw the switch from the blue ambient light to the red ambient light. Never put it in sports mode before, so was also impressed with the change from the power band display to the tachometer.

There are 2 set of of ambient light. Blue when you drive under 'Normal or ECO' mode. The 'other' ambient light is Red color if you select 'Sports' mode. Can't have both lit at the same time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thank you. I tested and you're exactly right. I saw the switch from the blue ambient light to the red ambient light. Never put it in sports mode before, so was also impressed with the change from the power band display to the tachometer.
Ditto. Pretty cool feature.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Read the owner's manual, y'all! All this is in there. ;D

There's also this: those "cupholder lights" (which is what the OM refers to them as) can be deactivated by your Lexus dealer if you so choose. Same with the gauge cluster light (though that you can do yourself via the multi-function display).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts