Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My phone is way too big for the cell phone holder the CT200h came with. Does anyone know any alternative holder that also fits in the slot the OEM was intended for?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think it's in a bad place, too. Too low, too far to the right. Maybe better for a RHD CT. I took my phone off it and got a mount from Pro-Clip. It is a two part solution. One part is the vehicle mount, the other, which mates to that mount is the phone holder. They have lots of custom phone mounts, and their website will lead you through to see what is available.

I got the centermount vehicle mount, which fits snugly in the A/C vent above the radio. Works great. Take a look. I first bought the vehicle mount for my Prius a couple of years ago and liked it so much that I looked on the website right away when I moved up to the CT. Take a look at their website. Just google ProClip.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have a Note II, one of the biggest phone out there, and I use it in my CT phone holder sideway. It actually works out pretty well. I was thinking about getting the CD slot mounted phone holder from amazon since I don't own any CDs and never used the CD slot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the samsung galaxy nexus for Verizon and it won't fit portait mode with the phone holder so i have to place it landscape mode in it. It kinda works out that way because the charging plug is right there lol. The spot isn't too terrible... but it does suck a bit, though it can always be worse!

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi! i'm new, and this is a bit off topic but, i'm wondering where to get the OEM device holder? i bought the CT200h 2013 and it didn't come with the device holder, the dealer told me that the new CTs don't come with device holders anymore.

·
Registered
842 Posts
hi! i'm new, and this is a bit off topic but, i'm wondering where to get the OEM device holder? i bought the CT200h 2013 and it didn't come with the device holder, the dealer told me that the new CTs don't come with device holders anymore.
You can look for one of the many people who found it to be useless and might send it to you just to get it out of their garage, if you pay the postage. Some people are trying to sell theirs. Ask, I bet you will find lots of people sooner or later who will be glad to sell you this item. I did not find it useful and I even tried to adapt it by drilling a couple of holes in it to accommodate a better device holder, but it is just in the wrong place, takes up too much room and doesn't work, IMO.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I like the device holder and and use it often. I might like to try the CD mount at some point though. Anything longer than a Samsung SII (~5.1", 130mm) will not fit portrait orientation though so be aware of that.

Ebay is a very good source for the holder. There is one listed now for $129, but I've seen them go as low as about $80.

Edit: Check the storage areas under rear deck where the spare tire is, just to be sure. Some people have found them there, but maybe not for the 2013.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd like to find a way to mount a phone in the non-nav dash compartment so it could close when the phone isn't there. I also thought about putting an ipad-mini or nexus 7 in there. Hmmmm, this may be a useful project.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like the device holder and and use it often. I might like to try the CD mount at some point though. Anything longer than a Samsung SII (~5.1", 130mm) will not fit portrait orientation though so be aware of that.

Ebay is a very good source for the holder. There is one listed now for $129, but I've seen them go as low as about $80.

Edit: Check the storage areas under rear deck where the spare tire is, just to be sure. Some people have found them there, but maybe not for the 2013.
i just checked the storage area, there's none but only the first aid kit and the belt for the tire.

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
crispywisp...see attached photes

Vester72... I got the easy flex 2.

iOttie Easy Flex 2 Car Mount Holder Desk Stand for iPhone 5, 4S, and Smartphone

I was hoping it would fit in the dash storage bin (where the gps goes), but it does not by less than a centimeter. It turns out that is ok because I think my phone would be sitting too far back for easy touching. Also the storage bin is good for cord concealment. I connect my phone via bluetooth and use the power socket in the storage bin for charging when I need it. I'm also thinking of re-routing the aux input to the storage bin just in case I need it.

To me this is much cleaner than the OEM one that came with the car.
folded_down.jpg opened_up.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
That looks nice Jon. I gotta admit that. I'll reconsider this device holder. However, I do have the nav. So I might think of a good placement for the device holder. But I will surely get the one that you have. It looks neat. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I just installed the Kuda console mount. It is really smooth and easy to install. I bought both the console mount and the dash mount from them so I could have them in hand and try them out. Got it last night and installed it in 10 minutes. Requires the removal of the trim from the right side of the console and the trim between the radio and the A/C vents. Both done with no tools required, then bend a couple of pieces of metal on the mount to affix it to the trim piece and reinstall. I took off the vent mount from Pro Clip because, unlike all the other mounts I have had from them, it relied in part on double faced tape and it got loose after a year or so. I kept the phone mount from Pro Fit which included the lightning power cord and I think it looks nice. I will try to take a picture later and try to figure out how to post it. I now have a spare Kuda dash mount. If someone wants to make me an offer, I will consider it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts