Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten in the habit of storing the carpeted floor mats that come with a new car during the winter and buying some all-weather mats to get me through the rainy season. Since Lexus doesn't offer all-weather floor mats (yet), I spent an hour searching sites I found using Google and ultimately decided to go with this outfit: <http://www.carid.com/>.

I just ordered a pair of front mats in black since no one is likely to sit in the rear anytime soon. (I don't have kids or know any midgets.) With free shipping and no tax, the two mats came to a total of $44.91 with free UPS shipping.

Looks to me that every company offering all-weather mats for the CT200 cuts them from a large slab of rubber or vinyl using a template of the floor and cargo patterns. It's going to be the quality of the cut that will make me happy or not. If they arrive looking like they've been cut by a 5-year-old using kindergarten scissors I won't be a happy camper. Won't know until they arrive whether I'll be satisfied with what I ordered, but it pains me to see the carpeted factory mats get all messed up due to rain and mud.

As for the rear cargo area, I also ordered a Lexus all-weather factory cargo mat from Sewell <http://lexus.sewellparts.com/> for a total of $77.57 ($64.13 + $13.44 for UPS ground). That's about a $25 savings over the $89 + tax retail price I'd have to pay through my Lexus dealer.

(For those unaware, Sewell offers significant discounts to CT members who have joined Club Lexus. But you have to remember to register and log-into Sewell in order to see and receive the discount.)

P.S. I found another thread on this forum for floor mats that included a post from one member who popped for clear, all-weather "Exact" (or "Exat") mats, but she said she was mildly disappointed because the added thickness from lying it over the factory mat made it impossible to lock using the hole designed for the locking mechanism. I was going to write and suggest she 'replace' the factory mat with the clear mat until good weather arrives since the color of the factory mat should be the same as the floor under the mat, but thought better of it. I tried clear mats in the past and don't care for them because I found they scratch and discolor easily. Solid black all-weather mats have always worked best for me.

Bill in Fremont, CA
2011 CT200h
2009 Lexus ES350
2006 Acura MDX Touring
2001 Honda Goldwing

·
Registered
38 Posts
Will be interested in what your opinion of them upon arrival is. I am also looking for rubber inside. Somewhat surprised Lexus didn't have at least this accessorie available upon launch. When they arrive, perhaps a photo?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also interested in your satisfaction with the black mats. I found clear mats to scuff from shoe heals, and their look deteriorates with time. My Lexus dealer told me that he thought all weather mats would be available mid-April, but I don't think he was referring to a Lexus product.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will be interested in what your opinion of them upon arrival is. I am also looking for rubber inside. Somewhat surprised Lexus didn't have at least this accessorie available upon launch. When they arrive, perhaps a photo?
It's going to be a while. The confirming purchase e-mail I received said the mats are not expected to ship until April 1st, probably because <www.carid.com> needs a few days to cut and trim the mats to fit the CT's floor pattern. Will snap a photo of them both outside and inside the car and post them when they do show up. While I ordered only the mats for the front, here are three photos I captured off the website that resulted in my decision to purchase them for my CT. I have no idea of the make and model of the car in the photos.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's going to be a while. The confirming purchase e-mail I received said the mats are not expected to ship until April 1st, probably because <www.carid.com> needs a few days to cut and trim the mats to fit the CT's floor pattern. Will snap a photo of them both outside and inside the car and post them when they do show up. While I ordered only the mats for the front, here are three photos I captured off the website that resulted in my decision to purchase them for my CT. I have no idea of the make and model of the car in the photos.
Thanks for sharing bilmat! I'm looking for all-weather mats as well. I'm curious to see what they look like when you get them.

I found these, too: Lexus Parts World - Lexus Floor Mats and Accessories . If I go with these, I'll be sure to share photos, too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for sharing bilmat! I'm looking for all-weather mats as well. I'm curious to see what they look like when you get them.

I found these, too: Lexus Parts World - Lexus Floor Mats and Accessories . If I go with these, I'll be sure to share photos, too.
Damn! Those are exactly what I've been looking for. I called the vendor and was told they just became available from Lexus but need to be ordered, so I'm heading down to my dealer to order a pair. Thanks for the info. I now need to see if I can cancel my order for the non-factory set I already ordered.

For others visiting this thread, this is what the factory all-weather mats look like. Notice the eyelet for locking the mats to the floor...

(Update: Just returned from my dealer's parts department. Gave them the Lexus part number — PU320-76110-01 — and ordered the factory all-weather mats. Should be here tomorrow. Cost: $89.95 plus tax minus 15 percent thanks to my Lexus discount card. Was also able to cancel the mats I ordered from CarID.com. Sweet!)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also ordered today. How does one sign up for this Lexus Discount card you mention?
I didn't sign up for the card. A few weeks after I purchased an ES350 last year I received from my dealer a thank you card that included what looked like a credit card. It was imprinted with Lexus $1,000 Discount Card at the top and the name of my dealer just below. Embossed on the card was my name along with an account number I didn't recognized and an expiration date of Nov. 11, 2011. The letter said the card is good for a 15 percent discount on all service, parts and accessories up to $1,000 until the expiration date of 11/11/11. My dealer calls it a "Lexus Reward Card." I don't know if it is exclusive to my dealer or was sponsored by Lexus. Whatever the case, it's a nice touch that covers the tax and then some.

An automated phone call from my dealer early this morning advised that my mats were in and available for pick up. I arrived at my dealer an hour later and spoke to the same parts guy who ordered the mats for me yesterday. When he brought the mats out from the back room a minute or two later and went into his computer to print an invoice, he said his computer was showing a price of $109. But he had excellent recall because he said "Didn't you say you saw them available for $89 on the Internet when you ordered them yesterday?" I confirmed that I did and gave him the "LexusPartsWorld.com" website. Instead of confirming the price on the Internet, he honored the $89 price and wrote up the invoice along with the tax. Using the 15 percent discount card my out-the-door price was $85.23.

What surprised both of us was that there were both front and rear mats in the clear plastic wrap. I was expecting only the front mats based on the photo on the LexusPartsWorld website.

I took some photos of the four mats before and after I positioned them in my CT and will post them in a separate thread entitled "Pics of Lexus OEM all-weather floor mats."

·
Registered
38 Posts
The All Weather Matts are a must have...

Most excellent, these Lexus All Weather mats...picked up mine today at the dealer and they are fully installed...the carpets are almost a joke - fake fabric, or close to it, thin - and weak. Have always had rubber under the soles, suggest same to all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my car but the dealership said that the mats are not available yet.
Unfortunately, I'm using generic plastic mats. Very sad. :(
Does anyone know when WeatherTech will come out with CT200h mats.?
I've emailed them they said it depends on demand.
Any suggestions for all weather mats.?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got my car but the dealership said that the mats are not available yet.
Unfortunately, I'm using generic plastic mats. Very sad. :(
Does anyone know when WeatherTech will come out with CT200h mats.?
I've emailed them they said it depends on demand.
Any suggestions for all weather mats.?
Here was the word I got from Weathertech last week;

If interested sign up for them via the product request form mentioned.

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive,

Unfortunately we do not have any products ready for the 2011 lexus ct200h. There is about a 11-13 weeek time frame until we have products ready for purchase. If you would like to fill out a product request form at: http://www.weathertech.com/service/applicationrequest.aspx we will notify you once the products are ready for purchase.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact our customer service at: 800.441.6287 and we'll be more than happy to help.

Best Regards!

Stephen Sutor
MacNeil Automotive Products Ltd.
Customer Service & Sales Representative

·
Registered
283 Posts
Weather Tech

:mad:
Well looks like bad news from Weathertech.... 3-4 MONTHS!!!! Give me a break. Notice the 'if we start producing' comment. Told them to send a tech to my house and he can measure today...:mad:

Unfortunately at this time we do not have to fitting mats (digital fit floor liners) available. The car is relatively new and we are actually waiting to receive the car so we can start measuring and producing products. As of right now we are looking at about 3-4 months until the 2011 Lexus CT200 will be ready. If you would like to fill out a product request form at: http://www.weathertech.com/service/applicationrequest.aspx we will notify you if we do start producing the floor liners.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact our customer service at: 800.441.6287 and we'll be more than happy to help.

Best Regards!

Stephen Sutor
[email protected]
800.441.6287 Ext: 450

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have the lexus all-weather mats for the CT200h and they worked out very nice for me.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I think I'll be waiting for the Weather Tech ones. Not a fan of the Lexus ones for two reasons: 1) the hexagonal pattern is going to be a pain in the arse to clean (salt/sand etc.) during the winter months. A ribbed pattern would be way easier (like I have in my current car) and 2) the raised lip at the edge doesn't look adequate to me, especially on the drivers side. I need a nice quality mat that will retain rain and snowmelt time & time again during the winter, as that stuff collects very easily during a snow storm.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just checked again with Weathertech and seem to get the same canned reply. With winter coming and them being in a new high production factory, we see in all the magazines, I would have hoped for faster turn around then this.:mad:

Unfortunately we do not have any products ready for the 2011 Lexus ct200h. There is a 17-20 week time frame until we have products ready for purchase. If you would like to fill out a product request form at: Application Request Form we will notify you once the products are ready for purchase.
Best Regards!
Stephen Sutor
[email protected]
800.441.6287 Ext: 450

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yikes. That's quite a long timeframe. Winter is just around the corner!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.