Lexus CT200h Forums banner

All Lights ON (Brake, VSC, Exclamation Mark, ABS)

53K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Sanich 
#1 ·
Speedometer Car Vehicle Odometer Measuring instrument

Happy New Year! All best wishes for the CT owners on the forum!

So, this happened yesterday.
I was away on a vacation fro 5 days and left the car without running for 6 days.
It was probably pretty cold outside.
All the lights that is related to BRAKES are on.
No Check Engine Light is on.

What can cause something like this?
I checked the fluid level and it was fine.
I figured that it just might need a ecu reset but I usually reset it when there is a check engine light and not when it is not on.
My scanner didn't find any problems since it has nothing to do with the engine.

I have a feeling I have to take the car to the Dealer again to see what the problem is?
Has anyone had a problem like this before?

I hope to get this resolved soon!
Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

1. There is a beep when the parking brake is on so I strongly doubt that was the case.
2. I'm assuming that dealer has to take a look at this.
3. This would also be a dealer inspection as well I'm thinking.

The car is used and the model is 2012 with 28,000 miles on it.
I'm hoping that the warranty is still valid for me to go there to take a look at this issue.
Never realized that Lexus charges so much money for just inspecting a car.....LOL

I'm going to take a look at it again tomorrow and see what's happening to the reservoir when I depress on the brake or pump on the brake.

Thanks!

#4 ·
I believe this is a problem that I would have to take it to a dealer.
The new symptoms that I have experienced is

1. The Regenerative Brakes do not work. The brakes are slightly applied and the needle does not move down further to the CHARGE part of the needle.
2. While coasting, the battery is being charged up by leaning slightly toward the Charge. (This would be the only way for me to charge the battery at this instance).
3. I would be stopped at the light and it usually would eliminate the power going from the Battery to the Motor (No active left/right arrows). However, the LEFT Arrow is constantly pointing from the Battery to the Motor.

There is definitely something wrong with it so I will take it to a dealer.
Only reason why I am posting this again is for the people who would experience something like this would know what to do.
At the same time, it would be a waste for me to just end the thread saying, "I'm going to the dealer to get it fixed."

Will update on what happens.

#6 ·
So this is what happened.
It had nothing to do with the quality of Lexus but the quality of where I live might have been the issue.

A squirrel has bitten off about 3-4 inches of Speed Sensor Wiring on the right rear tire.
There was multiple bite marks on the plastic undertray of the vehicle as well.
They almost started to bite the O2 sensor as well in the front.

Bumper Footwear Auto part Shoe Automotive wheel system

The 2 circles are whats left of the speed sensor wire.
I mean if they are hungry, I would always leave them my leftovers from dinner.
This issue costed me $330 to get it diagnosed and fixed.......... Great way to start a new year.

So if anyone has the 4 lights come on on the dash, check your wires and see if they are connected.
if not, I don't know if you are able to connect it with an aftermarket wires but I'd try a same gauge wire just for the hell of it.

Lesson Learned. Don't think squirrels are cute! They are an enemy!!!!!!

#18 ·
So this is what happened.
It had nothing to do with the quality of Lexus but the quality of where I live might have been the issue.

A squirrel has bitten off about 3-4 inches of Speed Sensor Wiring on the right rear tire.
There was multiple bite marks on the plastic undertray of the vehicle as well.
They almost started to bite the O2 sensor as well in the front.

View attachment 48057

The 2 circles are whats left of the speed sensor wire.
I mean if they are hungry, I would always leave them my leftovers from dinner.
This issue costed me $330 to get it diagnosed and fixed.......... Great way to start a new year.

So if anyone has the 4 lights come on on the dash, check your wires and see if they are connected.
if not, I don't know if you are able to connect it with an aftermarket wires but I'd try a same gauge wire just for the hell of it.

Lesson Learned. Don't think squirrels are cute! They are an enemy!!!!!!
1. Do you remember what error code you had from the computer? I'm having all the symptoms as yours and the error is: "C1391: Abnormal leakage in the accumulator".
2. Do you remember the part number of the ABS sensor?

#8 ·
That's a bummer too.
Make sure to shop the local glass store before you go straight to Safelite or somewhere more expensive.
Mine with the same quality glass was $75 cheaper from a local guy than Safelite.
I believe the quality of the glass was up to par as well.
Good Luck!

#11 ·
how did this work out for you?my ABS & TC lights are on...sure enough, no 4WD in the snow today
Well, I have explained that there was a squirrel that chewed off the lines and caused the speedo sensor to not work anymore.
That was the problem.

I don't know what you mean about 4WD as our car is a front wheel drive.
Unless I am missing your question...

#12 ·
WTF! Squirrels like copper wires!

#14 ·
I'm having the same issue. All the lights, ABS, traction control, and "!" came on two days ago. My speedo gauge is also intermittently going on and off while driving on the freeway. ( I have a video I'll try to upload).

Where are the wires located so I can check them this weekend?

#16 ·
Auto part Engine

I've attached a photo of the chewed up front passenger side ABS wheel speed sensor. its right behind the wheels, so you can either take off the wheel and tire, or turn to the left or right if inspecting the front, and you need to remove the rear tires or put the car on a lift to see the back. Hope that helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.