Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CT200h F Sport, Silver Lining Metallic
22 Posts
1. Do you remember what error code you had from the computer? I'm having all the symptoms as yours and the error is: "C1391: Abnormal leakage in the accumulator".
2. Do you remember the part number of the ABS sensor?
I have the same code and issue with my CT. What did it end up being with you?
Sorry, with code 1391...it is not going to be a wire that has been chewed through on your car. One of the brake assemblies is leaking fluid internally and losing pressure. Do you hear a pumping noise when you are in the car? How often is the pump working?

Here is a technician installing the assemblies for code 1391 on a 2010 gen 3 prius. Lexus may help with the cost of installing this assembly...but they might not. Never hurts to find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, with code 1391...it is not going to be a wire that has been chewed through on your car. One of the brake assemblies is leaking fluid internally and losing pressure. Do you hear a pumping noise when you are in the car? How often is the pump working?

Here is a technician installing the assemblies for code 1391 on a 2010 gen 3 prius. Lexus may help with the cost of installing this assembly...but they might not. Never hurts to find out.

I just bought the car a week ago and I went to get that code diagnosed and this is what they came up with.
They said it’s going to cost me $8,000 to fix everything.
Rectangle Font Parallel Electronic device Technology
Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Screenshot

·
Registered
2016 CT200h F Sport, Silver Lining Metallic
22 Posts
I just bought the car a week ago and I went to get that code diagnosed and this is what they came up with.
They said it’s going to cost me $8,000 to fix everything.
Is that a dealership quote? If you shop around, you can definitely find a more reasonable quote for the brake booster and hybrid battery pack problem. Probably cut that bill nearly in half.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is that a dealership quote? If you shop around, you can definitely find a more reasonable quote for the brake booster and hybrid battery pack problem. Probably cut that bill nearly in half.
Yeah a dealership quote. I don’t know where else to go I asked a few mechanics and they said they don’t work on hybrids . I’m not sure if it’s worth it tho. I just got the car and it’s still not registered, I’m thinking of just selling it as is.

I don’t know how they got all those codes, when I scanned the car before I bought it. These popped up..
Font Handwriting Material property Paper Tree

P.S. I really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same code and issue with my CT. What did it end up being with you?
I took the car to the dealership. They said I need to replace the abs pump and the brake actuator. Total of about 6k$ which is half the price of the vehicle.
It kind of strange why two parts? Maybe they don't know what is leaking so they just ant to replace the both? IDK.

I guess I can find used parts and find someone to replace them. Just don't have time for that and not sure it worth the headache.

After about 3 months of driving with the warning lights on (and having all the symptoms), I once drove for a long distance and the light went off and everything came back to normal.
After about another month of driving, all the symptoms came back again.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Yeah probably not. It still very strange to me that the symptoms are exactly the same. E.g with chewed up wires, why brake pedal is hard? Or why it shows power goes to the wheels when the vehicle is comply stopped?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts