Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2012 F Sport with 92,000 miles. Looking at the rear of the car, I swear there's a visible amount of negative camber on the rear wheels. I had the dealer I bought the car from look at it and they don't see it. They think it's an optical illusion relating to the shape of the rear wheel well. I think the blue springs have sagged and that results in negative camber.

Anybody seen this before? Eventually I'll have to pay another shop to measure it, I know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just took a level to the rear wheels. Admittedly, this isn't an accurate measurement of camber, the the bottom of the tire on the driver's side is a full 1.5" further out then the top. On the passenger side it's about an inch. Looking for alignment specs for the car online now to get an idea of how out of whack it really is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the tires aren't wearing abnormally, I'll bet the dealer is correct.

I've experienced this optical illusion first hand. My right rear tire often looks WAY off (camber), but I got it checked and it's only .1 degree out of spec at -1.9, rear left is -1.7.

I also did dirty measurements like you did and got similar results as you. I was totally convinced, but I guess I was wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts