Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why Alexa? Small, baby Lexy > Alexa. Well, hope you get the logic:D

We've been very satisfied with Lexus Manila's service, with my dad having purchased quite a number of units from them, so when it was time for me to let go of my Forester Turbo, I considered the CT200h as one of my options. Call me weird, but my other options were a Legacy Turbo and an Outback H6.

After a couple calculations, CT200h was the better option and would easily be cheaper than even a 2.4 Camry after 5 years of gas savings, plus the superior resale value. So we took it.

About the build: The concept I have with Alexa is "OEM+". Keeping it practical, but still looking good. You guys can see the "evolution" as I post more pictures in this thread. All pictures would most likely be taken with just an iPhone 4S, so please bear with me.

Without further ado, here are some stock pictures:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Aside from the 4300K HID's on both the low beam and fog lights, one of the first mods Alexa got was the FSport tridents I ordered from Lexus of North Miami and had shipped to the Philippines. They were then wrapped in 225/50 R17 Federal 595's and now look a little bit too tall. Having done this, lowering was now on the to-do list.

One of the advantages of having 225's was that the tires were now in line with the fenders when viewed from the front and rear, all the more given the fact that Federals usually come one size fatter.

232 Posts
... They were then wrapped in 225/50 R17 Federal 595's and now look a little bit too tall. Having done this, lowering was now on the to-do list.

One of the advantages of having 225's was that the tires were now in line with the fenders when viewed from the front and rear, all the more given the fact that Federals usually come one size fatter.
Interested to note that you opted for 225/50 but still kept rims @ R17x7.7J? Isn't slight taller wall ratio of 50 better on rough roads? My 215/45 Michelin MMX4 ride beautifully on smoother highways of suburbs, but the minute I go to pot hole filled streets of NYC the ride is really bad.

PS: I like your tiled garage floor for Alexa !!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Federal specs say their range for 225/50 is between 7 and 8.5 in. Going above 50 might make it look like a Subaru XV already haha :) the 595's are kind of harsh and noisy, as they are designated for street/track use. Might go Federal FD2's when these wear out.

Potholes of NYC might be nothing compared to Manila's, I think. I'll take pictures of our roads when I get to! :p

Thanks for viewing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saying Hi from Manila as well.

PM me if there's anything I can help with your build. So far, I had some minor exterior modification (coilovers and 19s) and full SQ audio install (I posted some pictures in the 'Pictures' thread).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Jerr! nice to see your CT! I'm also from Manila. Got it April 2011 (Japan tsunami).

Here's my CT

May I know what area are you from? I'm located near Banawe, Quezon City

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Saying Hi from Manila as well.
PM me if there's anything I can help with your build. So far, I had some minor exterior modification (coilovers and 19s) and full SQ audio install (I posted some pictures in the 'Pictures' thread).
Hi jerr, I think you're the one I overtook in CP Garcia earlier tonight. Was running late for an appointment haha :D nice ride btw!

Wong, thanks for buying my FSport rims and BC coilovers. The pic of your car is basically what mine looked like, but in white, so I won't be posting pictures anymore :D

Next up on my to do list are a bunch more accessories from Sewell, some OZ rims, and either airbags or FSport springs, still undecided :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Okay a few pics since I'm already here anyway haha

Remin dash kit in real walnut burl. I took one of the unwanted pieces out and dissected it, and yes, it was made of real veneer, albeit with a thick coating of urethane clear on top.

Some plastidipping of the emblems and grille surround:

Finally, one of the few decent coilover shots I have. Wheels and coilovers have since been sold to Wong_bernz:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi jerr, I think you're the one I overtook in CP Garcia earlier tonight. Was running late for an appointment haha :D nice ride btw!

Yes, I noticed your plate. Hope you got to your appointment on time. My wife and I, on the other hand, were on a relaxed drive to PB&Co Katipunan.

Do you reside near the shop where that pic was taken? I grew up in the village behind the shop. My parents still lives there (Holy Redeemer Village). My Motegi 19s were actually installed there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I noticed your plate. Hope you got to your appointment on time. My wife and I, on the other hand, were on a relaxed drive to PB&Co Katipunan.

Do you reside near the shop where that pic was taken? I grew up in the village behind the shop. My parents still lives there (Holy Redeemer Village). My Motegi 19s were actually installed there.
The pic was taken in Brixtone, Araneta Ave. I just accompanied a colleague there since his car spilled coolant all over the interior. I live quite near though, just in the New Manila area.

I think I also saw you taking a left coming from Aurora at the stoplight near Brixtone once. Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Chez! Thank you also for the deal. Anyway, hope to see you again soon....and alexa's superleggera and other new accessories!

Jerr, i hope the three of us can meet one day :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was expecting a mazda3 haha, then i realized its Alexa not axela. Nice ride!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In her latest iteration:

Mods:
EXTERIOR
4300K HID dipped beam and fog lights
Mini-antenna
OZ Racing Superleggera, 18x8 +35
Nitto Neogen 225/40 R18
McGard lugnuts & tire valves