Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course, Universal Air Suspensions (UAS) has a universal air suspension that will usually work with all cars, which is ideal since I will be putting Apexi coilovers on my car after they're made.

However, Air Runner has finally made their air suspension. Their kits are bolt on, custom installations and are made in Japan, so they're $$$. It's also a totally inclusive package, meaning all the struts and shocks and whatnot are integrated with the airbags, whereas with UAS, you can use custom shocks and coilovers.

If I can get a partial sponsorship with them, I will go the Air Runner route.

Here are some pics of the Air Runner air suspension on a JDM-spec CT 200h, F-Sport model.

Retail pricing between Air Runner and UAS:

UAS = around $2500
Air Runner = $4699

Does not include installation fees.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does look rather strange with the stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Stock wheels are too small I think, makes it look weird

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have never understood the point of those things. Why not buy a good coilover kit and set it on the height you want the car. Then you have good traction and the height you want.

With air suspension you can get the height you want and if you normally live on a boat you will feel like home cause the handling of the cars is more like a boats handling with those than a car. And yeh if your a 100 year old you can make the car come down so you dont have to climb into it.. but your not a hundred years old :D

Nah air suspension is for exhibitionist whores that like to hang around thinking they are cool, not for people driving their cars. imo :D
Ct200h isnt a track-car but its sad to make the suspension less good than stock just to be able to adjust the height whenever you want (I guess you will put it in one height and then barely move it from there).

Getting a set of coilovers and adjust them with those air suspensions sounds like a terrible way of throwing away money.

Every one value and use their car in differnt ways but I suggest you to go and test drive a car with those air suspension before you order, so that you don't put out a lot of money and realize too late they they only do their work in the showroom and on photos. Or perhaps you like the feeling, but as said, test first :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't like it either. Tiny little wheels...

·
Registered
137 Posts
DO IT!!

j/k... sort of.

Functionally I think it would be very cool, but for that type of money... I'd wait for the coil-overs.

I'm not familiar with the Air Runner system so I'm speaking out of school on their products, but I have seen several cars compete and do well at SCCA events with air suspensions - depending on the design and other suspension components they will not ride like a Lincoln Towncar or make your car as sloppy as a 64 caddy around turns...

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have never understood the point of those things. Why not buy a good coilover kit and set it on the height you want the car. Then you have good traction and the height you want.

With air suspension you can get the height you want and if you normally live on a boat you will feel like home cause the handling of the cars is more like a boats handling with those than a car. And yeh if your a 100 year old you can make the car come down so you dont have to climb into it.. but your not a hundred years old :D

Nah air suspension is for exhibitionist whores that like to hang around thinking they are cool, not for people driving their cars. imo :D
Ct200h isnt a track-car but its sad to make the suspension less good than stock just to be able to adjust the height whenever you want (I guess you will put it in one height and then barely move it from there).

Getting a set of coilovers and adjust them with those air suspensions sounds like a terrible way of throwing away money.

Every one value and use their car in differnt ways but I suggest you to go and test drive a car with those air suspension before you order, so that you don't put out a lot of money and realize too late they they only do their work in the showroom and on photos. Or perhaps you like the feeling, but as said, test first :)
Well, definitely not tracking this car. LOL.

What appeals to me about an air suspension is the adjustability on the fly. I most likely won't be driving with the car significantly lowered than stock height, but it is pretty cool to be able to pull into an event and lower it all down.

My concern is, the CT is already lower than most cars at its stock height. I will be adding on a Ventross lip kit and even if I lower it conservatively 0.5 to 1 inch, it will definitely scrape and could potentially ruin an expensive kit. With the air suspension, I have the flexibility of lower the car only when I'm parked and can adjust the suspension to account for added passengers.

I've ridden in cars with air suspensions and they're extremely comfortable. Much more comfortable than stock suspensions. It's definitely gonna take off the sporty edge and put in a more luxurious ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts