Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can't wait to do the same. But worried about how loud the compressor will be in a hatch vs a trunk. I don't know if dynomatting it and building an inclosure will be enough. Any video or clips from the inside of the car?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't wait to do the same. But worried about how loud the compressor will be in a hatch vs a trunk. I don't know if dynomatting it and building an inclosure will be enough. Any video or clips from the inside of the car?
Will try and get something up next week when its all done. Waiting on the newly released Air Lift 3H Air Management to come in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yes, it is noisy when it turns on, but there is no other place to put it. I placed in the spare tire well to try and cut some of the noise, plus the compressor is only on for a minute or less. I never had coilovers so can't compare the ride. It is stiffer compared to my Megan springs, but my ride height is lower. I now only rub when I turn hard and the tires hit the fender liner

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, it is noisy when it turns on, but there is no other place to put it. I placed in the spare tire well to try and cut some of the noise, plus the compressor is only on for a minute or less. I never had coilovers so can't compare the ride. It is stiffer compared to my Megan springs, but my ride height is lower. I now only rub when I turn hard and the tires hit the fender liner
could you line the spare wheel well with some sound deadening foam and then make another floor panel to go on top of the control system and again use some more sound deadening foam to line the underside of the floor

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
could you line the spare wheel well with some sound deadening foam and then make another floor panel to go on top of the control system and again use some more sound deadening foam to line the underside of the floor
Sure if you want to hide everything. I wanted mine to be seen so had the custom wood floor with plexiglas window made.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.