Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current GS300 has a switch which determines whether the air in the cabin is recirculated or fresh air is continually drawn in from the outside.

This always defaults to recirculation whenever the engine is switched on, which I find extremely annoying (although trivial seeming) as I hate breathing in recycled air - it gets really stuffy quickly, and as I do a few house calls per day I seem to be pressing this button constantly.

Does anyone know if the CT200 does the same thing, and if so can it be set to default to drawing in fresh air from the outside?

(if this can be done please let me know asap as going to the dealer tomorrow to pick up my CT)

Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
All the cars with automatic climate control work the same - the system determines the air intake control setting. But you can always switch it whenever you want by pressing the button on the dash.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
For me, I default to outside air. When I switch the car on, it retains the same setting. When i switch on the AC, it switches to recirculated air as the default setting. When i turn off the AC, it goes back to my previous setting, which was outside air. If i turn on the AC and hit the outside air button, and then turn off the AC and turn on the AC again, it retains the previous setting of outside air.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Same on mine :

Aircon -> recirculated air
Aircon off -> outside air

I don't like to have the aircon for longer than it's needed so I've been letting it do its thing for now. Aircon+recirc for fast cooling, then fresh air. Good to know it's Working As Intended :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah - lol too at the outside air being fresh - It's been through other people's cars and pushed out the back as exhaust.

Open road fresh air is definitely better than outside town air :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you have NAV, you can disable the recirc. setting. Otherwise, you have to have the dealer do it.

See page 698 of the manual.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Funny, I always keep it on recirc A/C on. Its too hot and too smoggy around here to leave it off and run with the vent on.

I even turn on the pollen filter button when I smell something odd. (cows, dead skunk, stinky cars, etc.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts