Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 2012 CT @ 125k miles

I'm experiencing temporary front end vibration around 60 mph when the engine is cold. The vibration shakes the entire car, and though not violent it's enough to keep off the gas pedal. Problem goes away after driving 5-10 mins and doesn't return later in the day.

The weather doesnt get crazy cold here in Austin but when it gets down to 30s overnight, the problem seems pronounced the next morning. Regardless, in a morning start, I'm always careful to drive it slowly before having to pickup speed on the main road.

Can it be the head gasket being moody? Anyone have an idea?
No coolant leaks or any other issues. The infamous rough idling occurs inconsistently maybe 6-8x a year.

Someone posted an identical issue before but there was no follow-up:

· Registered
47 Posts
Re: 2012 CT @ 125k miles

I'm experiencing temporary front end vibration around 60 mph when the engine is cold. The vibration shakes the entire car, and though not violent it's enough to keep off the gas pedal. Problem goes away after driving 5-10 mins and doesn't return later in the day.

The weather doesnt get crazy cold here in Austin but when it gets down to 30s overnight, the problem seems pronounced the next morning. Regardless, in a morning start, I'm always careful to drive it slowly before having to pickup speed on the main road.

Can it be the head gasket being moody? Anyone have an idea?
No coolant leaks or any other issues. The infamous rough idling occurs inconsistently maybe 6-8x a year.

Someone posted an identical issue before but there was no follow-up:
It it the head gasket, leave the car at a dealership and have them record cylinder 1 with a scope you will see some pink coolant dripping in.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great idea.

The morning roughness aren't as pronounced but car shake in the morning approaching 60mph is becoming regular 😬😪
Weirdly, my '91 300zx also shakes 45-60 but that feels like a different issue.

· Registered
47 Posts
That's a great idea.

The morning roughness aren't as pronounced but car shake in the morning approaching 60mph is becoming regular 😬😪
Weirdly, my '91 300zx also shakes 45-60 but that feels like a different issue.
On cold start itll do that, once it gets colder out side it will get worse. The 60mph problem might be the egr valve, mine kind of did the same thing but I replaced the entire engine instead the head gasket so I don't know about that part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts