Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Aftermarket Wheel & Tire Fitment

123K views 115 replies 61 participants last post by  Fallen 
#1 ·
I was hoping we could all start sharing what setups everyone is running, as it will help others decide what kind of a setup they wish to go with. For example, I'm contemplating some 18"x8" wheels with a 35mm offset and now want to get some tires that will help me fill up the fenders a bit more as well as provide some more tire sidewall. I understand it is going to throw off my speedo a bit, but I think it's well worth it as the roads here in New England aren't the best.

Here are the OEM 17" wheel specs:

215/45/17 (96.75mm sidewall = 3.8"): 17 + 3.8 + 3.8 = 24.6" O.D.

From what I've read, there are some members running the following setups:

1) 215/45/18 (44 offset) (96.75mm sidewall = 3.8"): 18 + 3.8 + 3.8 = 25.6" O.D.

2) 215/40/18 (86mm sidewall = 3.38"): 18 + 3.38 + 3.38 = 24.76" O.D.

3) 225/35/19 (45 offset) (78.75mm sidewall = 3.1"): 19 + 3.1 + 3.1 = 25.2" O.D.

I want to go with the 35 offset for a more aggressive look and am contemplating tires that are slightly wider than stock (225/40/18 (90 mm sidewall = 3.54"): 18 + 3.54 + 3.54 = 25.08" O.D.

Does anyone know if that spec. would fit on the CT?

See less See more
#2 ·
I am actually looking for wheel/tires in the other direction. I would like 16" that should give a better ride (I believe). I am an old guy and don't need the new look, I would like a smoother ride. I see that TireRack.com suggests 16" for snows for the Ct200h, but they don't show 16" for summer tires. Has anyone out there used 16s?

#3 ·
Some of the CT's delivered in Europe come with 16's standard, so you should check to see what they are running.

#4 · (Edited)
16s are standard in Canada unless you upgrade.

What I'd really like to do is put 205/55/16 winters on the Corolla 'S'/'LE' 10-spoke mags. I've always liked the look of them.

My concern is will they support the CT200h? I know the center bore and bolt pattern will fit, but are all mags designed the same? I believe the offset on the CT200h 17s are +45 while the 16s on the Corolla are +38.

Are hybrids in general, heavier than gas engine cars? Are there any perils of putting a car on wheels they were not built for? I remember asking a Toyota salesman about that once when I was thinking about buying a Prius and wanting to change the wheels because I didn't like the look of the Prius ones and his reply was the hybrid ones were built differently.

#5 ·
You guys in Canada always get the sensible alternatives. When my wife bought her 2000 Honda Accord, she wanted heated seats, but they were only available in Canada. We live in Wisconsin and it gets cold here to, but someone forgot to let the Japanese know that.

#6 ·
I would have to disagree with you. Lexus Canada makes a lot of stupid decisions about their vehicles. Sure we get heated seats. But we don't get the heated steering wheel (but people in Arizona do, what do they need it for). We don't get automatic car starter dealer installed either (which would be handy for warming the car up in winter). Other things we don't get are the advanced parking guidance system, or dynamic radar cruise control. This is not only with the CT, but with my other Lexus vehicles I have had. This is a downer but not enough of a downer to switch companies, because I do enjoy the vehicles and the quality/service.

#8 ·
wheel customization at time of purchase

I thought I'd use this thread to pass on to potential new buyers of the ct200h to consider getting a deal on powder coating the stock rims with a custom color(gunmetal, etc) at the dealership. I was fortunate that Lexus of Bellevue WA had that service and showed an example of it on one of their own manager's Lexus. I really loved the idea because it was quite economical and I like the stock shape, just not the color.I happily got a good deal on it negotiated into the final cost.I won't specify what exactly was agreed upon, so as not to take any leverage from Lexus of, Bellevue. I really had a great experience with them and has been one of the first car purchases that seemed to be a "win-win". If any one has experience with powder coating their wheels (durability, etc) it would make for a good sub thread?

#14 ·
I'm thinking of going from the stock 205/55/16 to 225/45/17 ET35. That would bring the wheels/tires 20mm further out from current original position...wonder if it'll hit any bodywork
I highly doubt it. OEM tires & wheels in the US are 215/45/17 with I think a 44 or 45 offset and there is quite a bit of room.

#15 ·
looooooots of room!

I'm gonna get 20mm spacers for my Volks to push them out for a more aggressive look.

#17 ·
Take a ruler and put it on the face of your wheel. Not sure where you live, but 1" = 2.3 cm, so they will stick out just under 1" from where they are now. Hope that helps.

TMPS, most likely, but they won't fit all wheels. I transferred my Infiniti OEM TPMS in my last car to my aftermarket wheels with no issues.

#18 ·
It's really the rear wheels that are very INSET...with the stock 16's the front are only a little bit inset from the fender.

I think if I went with a more aggressive offset (+35)...the front wheels would stick out beyond the fenders...maybe go with something like a +42 instead...

Would it cause any problems if I went with +42 for the front and +35 for the rear ?

#19 ·
Doubt it would cause problems as this isn't an AWD car and that's not a huge difference.

#27 ·
Not sure, I haven't seen that setup run on here before. I know others with 19's are running 225/35/19 +45 offset and they're lowered with no issues.

I noticed a slight decrease in mileage with the 225 width tires, and if you go with 235, you'll see even more. You're also about 3.5% larger than OEM size with 235's and your speedo/odometer will be off a bit and could start to mess w/ your ABS and traction control.

#31 ·
Jimmyc13 - you are running a 45 mm offset with 225 40 18s. I was thinking of the same set up, but with montegi rims. The have a 45 mm offset and a 40 mm offset. Do you have nay pictures of your car from the back and/or the front. I would like to see how the 45 mm offset with 18x8 and 225s looks. I am tempted to go with the 40 offset just to push the wheels out just a bit more. I don't have any plans to lower, so i don't think there are any rubbing issues.

#34 ·
Got your PM and sent you some more pics! :)

#33 ·
While it's only an 8 mm difference from OEM, I wouldn't go with that look unless you really like it. The OEM wheels are already tucked way inside the fenders (I think it's intentional though, for aerodynamics). Not sure if you'll have the proper clearances going with a higher offset, as you're now likely to have conflicts with the suspension assembly.

#36 ·
hey there. I'm new to the forum. My girlfriend has a '11 CT200h; and just ordered Dunlop Wintersport M3 snows mounted on Moda MD-10 (Tire Rack - great deal). Anyway, she didn't know about TPMS; so no sensors are mounted. Of course, now the TPMS light is illuminated. I found that the Prius guys had figured a way to disable it - see Idea to fool the tire pressure sensors - Page 7 - PriusChat Forums however, I'm not sure if that works for the CT. Has anyone tried this? Any other ideas? Thanks!

#38 ·
Hey rdalemercer - Several reasons, 1 - I don't need TPMS, I check my own tire pressures. 2 - the dealer would charge about $70 to 'register' the new sensors. 3 - the CT200, unlike the bigger Lexus cars, does not have a 'dual TPMS' that allows you to register both winter and summer tires. 4 - My girlfriend didn't order the sensors when she bought the tire/wheel package!!

#42 ·
I might just found a potential set of wheels that actually fits without spacers!

1) Size is 18x7.5 +48 offset PCD 5x100. Will this fit??
2) With the 7.5 width and higher offset how will the stance compare to the OEM wheels?
3) What tires should I use? 225/40R18 or 215/40R 18?

Thanks in advance!

#48 ·
Definitely aggressive in the rear, but doable. Pulling and rolling is a must. I'm doing 19x9.5 +30 in rear; I don't think I had to roll, but I did in anticipation. You might want to go 235/35/19 in the back since 225 will barely cover the 10. For my 9.5, I made the mistake of going 225/35/19 and it's stretched way too much. Scraped my brand new rims going up a normal driveway because there just isn't much cushion for the lip and it bounced vertically and nicked the lip. I'm switching over to 235/35/19 in the rears because of this.

You can actually go 225/35/18 in the front with tight clearance but have more cushion for your front rim. You don't want it too stretched on the rim since you'll scratch the lip when you go over potholes or go up and down driveways due to lack of cushion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.