Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Do you guys think the CT200H stock suspension set up is up to snuff?
On paper, it sounds quite promising. All we really have to go on at this point, however, is a handful of journalists' opinions as they get to ride in the CT 200h prototypes as passengers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Most suspensions right off the bat are pretty good. I think unless you are doing other modifications to the car like running high pressure tires with giant rims and a lowered frame then you will probably be okay for the first few hundred miles. really though after a test drive you can always let your butt be the judge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It will be dialed in for a mix of performance and passenger comfort. I hope there is a sporty option coming out or one available with the CT (maybe a button or setting of some kind) as I plan on carving some turns with this car. I have little doubt that it will handle better than other comparable Lexus models.

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
The setup is pretty stiff compared to it's competition. Yes definitely stiffer than a Corolla, but it is a Lexus after all and will have a comfortable ride to boot.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I hope there is a good aftermarket following for this baby.

CT200h SLAMMED on COILOVERS!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
not sure there will be a strong aftermarket following. 134hp in a $30K plus ride? Prius powertrain and 0-100km/h in almost 10 seconds? For me, this will be the ultimate daily driver. Great style. Great looks. Sporty handling. Head turning aggressive and unique look. Hybrid powertrain for those traffic jams and 25mile commutes.

I will be lowering mine on F-Sport springs for sure! And looking at some VOLKs for it too.

I'm debating

1) Size: 17" or 18"
2) Colour: Bronze, Gold, Silver, or Formula silver
3) Type: RE30 or CE28N

·
Registered
5 Posts
^^ I agree sir...i'm actually looking into getting this car...hopefully they dont charge me a bunch of dealer fee's and what not

but if everything works out I'm looking at getting some AME or SSR wheels...

also on those F-Sport springs do you know how low could you get with those?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
^^ I agree sir...i'm actually looking into getting this car...hopefully they dont charge me a bunch of dealer fee's and what not

but if everything works out I'm looking at getting some AME or SSR wheels...

also on those F-Sport springs do you know how low could you get with those?
Going off the current F-Sport springs, it's safe to say 0.75" to 1.2" would be the max they would drop. (A clean and subtle drop)

·
Registered
193 Posts
^^ ya. clean and subtle I agree. completely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The setup is pretty stiff compared to it's competition. Yes definitely stiffer than a Corolla, but it is a Lexus after all and will have a comfortable ride to boot.
but i would still prefer using lexus than a corolla. ive tried already toyota and placing aftermarket car parts on it. even if you place oem parts on a corolla, a corolla is still a corolla. lexus is a different level. i hope it would be stiffer i would really like to have ct200h!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts