Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
380 Posts
Your biggest issue isn't the integration with everything (although, it's a huge thing to consider) but the stock HU is an unusual size, it's narrower than anything aftermarket.
The people I've seen with aftermarket HU installs, they looked pretty rough and spilled over the edge of the center console. I don't think anyone has done it without considerable modification to the knee cushion on the passenger side at the very least.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Read around in the audio forum, recently there was considerable discussion about some new aftermarket units that have popped up from China. So far no one here has been brave enough to try one, but it could be an option.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Iono, I think I did a pretty good job on my install:

JK, that's the Five Axis model. I'm considering getting a tablet CD mount and getting the Asus ME572 and just have that sit in front of the stock HU. Only issues is the need to run two USB cables (one for tablet and one for phone) and also how hot my phone is going to run with hotspot for tablet and BT for HU. What do you guys think?

·
380 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Iono, I think I did a pretty good job on my install:

JK, that's the Five Axis model. I'm considering getting a tablet CD mount and getting the Asus ME572 and just have that sit in front of the stock HU. Only issues is the need to run two USB cables (one for tablet and one for phone) and also how hot my phone is going to run with hotspot for tablet and BT for HU. What do you guys think?
you should try out the chinese HUs lol

at least u only have 6 speakers

·
Registered
129 Posts
Valid points. This obviously isn't a permanent replacement for the HU, I just wanted to share an option for those who want a nice big screen for GPS and/or music. Looking forward to seeing if any quality (and compatible) infotainment systems come out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i have had thoughts about putting a smaller tablet into the flip cover storage compartment above the A/C vents. but that space is pretty small. the only tablet i have is a 7" asus memopad and doesnt fit

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have had thoughts about putting a smaller tablet into the flip cover storage compartment above the A/C vents. but that space is pretty small. the only tablet i have is a 7" asus memopad and doesnt fit
I've looked into this. The problem with having the tablet or phone on the dash is heat issues. I used to have a mount there for my iPhone and I'd get heat issues just from a 20 minute drive home. Proclip makes a mount that fits over the center console AC vents, which would obviously block those AC vents, but it could also cool the tablet if needed and would be a better viewing angle than having the display below the center console. The issue with these is that they don't make universal mounts, so you'd need to purchase a holder specific to your make/model tablet. Unfortunately, they don't make one for your tablet nor mine. BUT they do make one for the Xperia Z3 tablet compact, which I'm hoping drops in price soon when the z4 is released and I can scoop that up and have a hardwired tablet mount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts